• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any luck on primers??

JDLawrence3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2021
Lincoln, DE
Has anyone been able to snag primers? Specifically large rifle magnum. I have been on within 30 seconds of text updates, multiple times, and they're sold out already. I've been pretty lucky with powder, but im running real low on primers for my 338.

Reactions: Madelryn
The only thing I haven't been able to find is LRP. RL26, ADG 7 SAUM brass, everything else I've wanted, but LRP.

Have you looked at Natchez? Don’t use their in stock filter as it doesn’t work (least for me) they seem to have magnum primers most days when I am on the search for SPP

Got 2000 Federal 215's at Outdoor Limited a couple of weeks ago for the ridiculous price of $140 each. They come into stock fairly regularly there, but a lot of guys here boycott anyone with high prices and just complain about the high prices instead. My take on this right now is ... "Ya gotta pay to play". If I need something, and I can afford it, and I can find it ... I'll buy it. The days of a brick of primers on sale at Walmart for $29.50 are probably over, maybe forever.

Have you looked at Natchez? Don’t use their in stock filter as it doesn’t work (least for me) they seem to have magnum primers most days when I am on the search for SPP

What's worked for me at Natchez is adding whatever I'm looking for to my "wishlist"

Then just look over your wishlist when you sign on.

SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS
THE Small rifle primers are in stock here at kentuckyglockstore in different brands here on our website you can checkout
SMALL RIFLE PRIMERS
Being a leader in both the firearms and ammunition industry Remington knows how important it is to have the highest quality ammunition available to make your firearm perform to its fullest potential.
This starts with using the best components possible to manufacture ammunition. These are the same primers Remington uses in the production of their own ammunition and performs to their highest standards.
If you want the best possible out of your firearm you have to start with the best that’s why reloaders choose Remington components for their loads.
Eat a dick thief

Has anyone been able to snag primers? Specifically large rifle magnum. I have been on within 30 seconds of text updates, multiple times, and they're sold out already. I've been pretty lucky with powder, but im running real low on primers for my 338.
Target sports has had the 5000 packs for a while. I know that's more than most want to buy at one time but 600 for 5k primers isn't bad and they are super easy to sell if you have buddies that shoot.

Edit-my bad, they only have small rifle right now.

what do you have to trade? I'd take small rifle or small pistol. but you have to come to me, it's about 2 hrs, 20 min. according to mapquest.

I just got about 2,700 LR mag primers, federal and remington mfg; also lots of unfired 338 win mag cases and some bullets.
a guy got out of reloading and I bought everything.

I still have my own supply of fed gold mag primers, and that's enough to last me so I can part with the others.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, almost "fantastic" prices ($55-70 1K) and everything is in stock?
Ahh but you can tell it’s legit because they use Zelle payments, as do all discerning storefronts.

Not to mention Mr. Hodges extensive history here on the Hide.

With all the alerts I have signed up for, I have never reviewed one.. bullshit!

Be nice if true.Seems a little too good.
Picked up a few boxes of small rifle primers at Tactical-guns.com in cisco texas last week.Try checking maybe there still have some in stock .
Still trying to reorder but am having a hard time setting up my zelle account with my bank.

Good point I get the limits but it sucks too.
It really does; I knew there was a reason I stopped looking at PV for primers, and was reminded today that that's why. There's a guy on the Hide selling CCI 450s in 5k lots for $550 per lot, seems like it might be legit haha

Bit of a thread necro, but it popped into my feed for some reason… Not great around here, but starting to see all major types (small and large rifle and large pistol; occasionally small pistol) sporadically at Cabela’s and a local place that caters to reloaders.

Hell, even Academy sports over in San Marcos had small rifle primers in stock last week!

9D1032F0-09CF-4FBA-BDAD-2492C26D2311.jpeg

will miracles never cease…

Reactions: simonp