• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes any Mark 4 1.5-5x scopes on your ar?

Re: any Mark 4 1.5-5x scopes on your ar?

on a 20" ar15 id personally put a 2.5-8x33 mr/t or bigger.On 16" ar id put the scope your looking at.my opinion bro.

Have a 1" 1.5-5x20 that sees some time on the 16" AR15 Bushy Dissipator.

Only beef is the front sight post is visible at lower magnification and slightly distracting in the sight picture. Magnification is plenty to 600 yards or so, for my eyes, and shooting 15"x25" steel.

Wife getting some trigger time,
Img_6917.jpg

Wait until April.

Leupold is releasing it's new line of "Mark AR" scopes.
They are reasonably priced and have an option for BDC turrets.

LEUPOLD® MARK AR™ TACTICAL 3-9x40mm SCOPE
Duplex PN:67165 MSRP = $300
MilDot PN:67160 MSPR = $349

LEUPOLD® MARK AR™ TACTICAL 1.5-4x20mm SCOPE
Duplex PN:67170 MSRP = $279

If you are MIL or FED, you may want to contact Leupold to inquire about discounts.

Before anyone asks, NO I don't work for Leupold.
I'm just on their mailing list and I recieved this product info a few days ago.

At those prices, it looks like it would be a very attractive option for AR optics.

Cheers,

I know it may cost a little more but I would go with the Nightforce 1-4x24 in a Larue Mount. I run this set up on my 3-Gun rifle and love it. It is very fast at CQB and great at the longer shots out to 400. VERY clear! I would not hesitate to use this optic on an out the door rifle at all.

I have looked at the S&B Short Dot but cant justify the price difference when compared to the Nightforce. The Nightforce is about as close to a true 1x as I have every seen.

i have a MK4 1.5-5 on a Steyr .376 mountain rifle. i shoot it to 500 meters, and i really like this scope. clear as a bell and tough as nails. i wish i had a few more.

where can we get more info on these new scopes?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait until April.

Leupold is releasing it's new line of "Mark AR" scopes.
They are reasonably priced and have an option for BDC turrets.

LEUPOLD® MARK AR&#153; TACTICAL 3-9x40mm SCOPE
Duplex PN:67165 MSRP = $300
MilDot PN:67160 MSPR = $349

LEUPOLD® MARK AR&#153; TACTICAL 1.5-4x20mm SCOPE
Duplex PN:67170 MSRP = $279

If you are MIL or FED, you may want to contact Leupold to inquire about discounts.

Before anyone asks, NO I don't work for Leupold.
I'm just on their mailing list and I recieved this product info a few days ago.

At those prices, it looks like it would be a very attractive option for AR optics.

Cheers,
</div></div>

I have both the Mk4 1.5-5x20 and an older Mk4 3-9x36 (which was replaced by the 2.5-8x36) and they are both excellent scopes. For a 20" AR-15 I would go with at least the 2.5-8x36, and more than likely the 3.5-10x40.

While the Leupold glass may not be as good as Nightforce or S&B, it is better than most. If you can swing the money for a Nightforce or a S&B by all means do it, but if Leupold is more in your price range, you are still getting a great scope.

My Mk4 1.5-5x20 on my 14.5" AR.
IMG_2938Large.jpg

My Mk4 3-9x36 on my 18" LMT MRP.
IMG_2180Large.jpg

I ran one for a while. Love the ret, love the turrets, love the glass. But in the end, I just don't like Leupy's illumination. It is in the way when changing magnification and it always seems to get bumped on and have dead batteries when I pull it out to use it.

aaf.jpg

Heres mine.S&W M/P 16" barrel, Leupold 1-5X20 Mark 4..killer setup
L1000703.JPG

Anyone have pictures of the nightforce?