• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any meteorologists/insurance adjusters/roofers?

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
*** Run on sentence time***

I'm hoping someone can explain to me how my neighbors house, which sits 20' from mine, was built in the same month, with the same shingles, by the same builder, can qualify for a new roof via insurance claim for hail damage, yet my roof which I'm pretty sure was sitting right where I parked it next to the neighbors, during the same storm, with the same hail, insured by the same company, inspected by a roofer I trust who tells me there is hail damage, doesn't qualify for a new roof due to hail damage?

Meteorologists: What are the odds that really hard hail hit my neighbors house and I got the soft and squishy, non shingle damaging kind?

Roofers: Is it possible that my neighbor knows a secret for how to soften his shingles thereby making them more vulnerable to hail damage?

Insurance adjusters: Do those in your profession get a bonus for fucking people over?

It's only $8000 out of my pocket. Not sure why I bother paying or insurance.

K. I'm done.

Re: Any meteorologists/insurance adjusters/roofers?

Damn, insurance adjuster is headed to my house in the AM for a tree that fell on my covered porch. I hope it doesn't go the way yours went.

I would call the company and try to get a legitimate second opinion?..

Do you know if their policy was written up the same as yours or whether or not they pay extra for any extra coverage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smells funky to me...

Does his house offer a stronger gravitational pull? </div></div>

Fuckin good question. I'll add that to the list when I talk to the adjuster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, insurance adjuster is headed to my house in the AM for a tree that fell on my covered porch. I hope it doesn't go the way yours went.

I would call the company and try to get a legitimate second opinion?..

Do you know if their policy was written up the same as yours or whether or not they pay extra for any extra coverage? </div></div>

Not sure about any extra coverage but I doubt it. He had to fight them as well but won. Today was the second inspection, not sure what the next step is but I'll be finding out.

Got State Farm?

Have you contacted a private adjuster? If you need a good one, I can recommend one. Get three estimates from qualified roofers, and have them chalk the roof and take pictures of any and all hail impacts, torn, dented, folded, torn shingles after marking them.
Submit the estimates along with the photos of damage to the insurance company, and ask the insurance adjuster to qualify <span style="text-decoration: underline">in writing </span> why it is that he/she is replacing the roof right next door, and not yours even though it was the same storm with blatantly visible damage.
From what you have said, there is a case to be made. Also consider what the deductable is on your house for a complete roof replacement.

Hope it helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smells funky to me...

Does his house offer a stronger gravitational pull? </div></div>

Fuckin good question. I'll add that to the list when I talk to the adjuster. </div></div>

Very glad I could help... only wish I could hear their response.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got State Farm?

</div></div>

How'd ya guess?

Yes, I can explain this in a very brief sentence: it's called insurance fraud. And I mean that in all possible ways.

Insurance companies and lawyers pretty much all fit in the same book and it is not a good one!

I was actually joking about that. State Farm is hands down been great to deal with on the most minor item to some pretty extreme claims on my end.

Maybe it's all in the agent you have, hope it works out for you!

I would call the next closest SF agent and provide some documentation as others have suggested. They may just be all over that. ???

I don't think it's my agent, she is my sister. The adjusters make the call, they should have lube in their briefcases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bernarde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Insurance companies and lawyers pretty much all fit in the same book and it is not a good one! </div></div>

The on you keep in the outhouse?

Probably not then. Hope you get it sorted out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think it's my agent, she is my sister. The adjusters make the call, they should have lube in their briefcases.</div></div>

or take you to dinner, before they ________________.