• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any "Must See" Shops / Stops in CO, NE, SD, ND, WY, MT or Sioux City Iowa for gun guys?

Triggered

Cervical Bruiser
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
Up Yours
More than one way to skin a cat, I am heading from NE North Dakota down to Denver at the end of the week and was just curious if any of you had suggestions for some gems to stop at along the way.

Don't care if it's a cool gun shop, some sort of military or western museum, crazy big shopping (outdoors / shooting) store, world's largest rubber band ball ~ shit like that.

Have called virtually every gun shop on the first few pages of Google along possible interstate routes trying to find an older used Rem 700 in Magnum caliber, but to no luck. Haven't tried the big chain Cabelas/ Scheels/ Ganders along the way though. Any of you have a local smith who may have receiver on the shelf? Looking for a C Prefix.

Do plan on checking out Mile High Shooting once in CO.

If your going to Denver you definitely should stop in at Mile High! Small showroom but they have absolutely everything you would ever want to see and good guys to boot.

BTW, classy handle!

Last edited:
If youve got the time go about 3 hours south of Denver to the NRA Whittington Center in Raton Pass NM. Google it. The most amazing shooting facility Ive been to.

Cody Wyoming has the the Buffalo Bill center of the west/ Cody Wyoming gun museum (same place/ different parts of the building). Don't forget to go in the basement of the gun museum. If you like guns it is cool. Don't take someone with you who doesn't, they will harsh your buzz.

PS, they claim to have the most comprehensive gun collection in the world. Having been there they do have a lot.

Last edited:
I 2nd going to the Cody museum, it's worth a long road trip alone.

I second the vote on First Stop Guns, but only by seeing their extensive selection of firearms on gunbroker. Might check them out on there to see more of their type of guns.

I second the vote on First Stop Guns, but only by seeing their extensive selection of firearms on gunbroker. Might check them out on there to see more of their type of guns.

Aaahhh, but if you've ever been down in their basement. Lots of cool guns down there

If your going to Denver you definitely should stop in at Mile High! Small showroom but they have absolutely everything you would ever want to see and good guys to boot.

BTW, classy handle!

I enjoyed a visit to Mile High as well. Probably helps that I have a fondness for AI stuff. Staff were pleasant just to shoot the shit with.

If you are checking out Buffalo Bill stuff, you can also tour his property in North Platte, NE.

I've made it out to Cody twice this year already, and it is a fantastic area. Hope to end up moving out there in the future.

The Buffalo Bill collection is easily a 3 hour event even just quickly walking through. The basement is must see for more modern firearms (and by that, the newest thing is maybe from the 70s). They have a peach of a Belgian C Model BAR that I gook at every time.

Cody also has the Dug Up
museum (was closed for winter) and then there's a Western style shooting range there too for tourists. Neat place, worth a stop and super friendly guys. They actually offered me a job after shooting the breeze (and some
brass)

Will have to look more into the SD suggestion a few have mentioned.

Forgot to ask, but does anyone know if Mile High does any sort of consignment or buys used (quality) guns?