• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any NC/SC/VA long range training options?

Actually we are quite fortunate in nc/sc/va to have a number of long distance and ELR ranges, many of which have training and competitions.

Colemans Creek near Charlotte, NC
Clinton House north of Columbia, SC
Frontline Defense Warrenton, NC
The Sawmill Training Complex near Greenville, SC
Moccasin Valley Precision Lebanon, VA
Black Bear shooting complex Gladstone, VA
Pigg River Precision Rocky Mount, VA
Silas Branch north of Asheville, NC
Hawks Ridge Ferguson NC

That's just off the top.

Last edited:
Actually we are quite fortunate in nc/sc/va to have a number of long distance and ELR ranges, many of which have training and competitions.

Colemans Creek near Charlotte, NC
Clinton House north of Columbia, SC
Frontline Defense Warrenton, NC
The Sawmill Training Complex near Greenville, SC
Moccasin Valley Precision Lebanon, VA
Black Bear shooting complex Gladstone, VA
Pigg River Precision Rocky Mount, VA
Silas Branch north of Asheville, NC
Hawks Ridge Ferguson NC

That's just off the top.
Any Hide run ones?

You mean training by Frank? Not that I am aware of. Seems like he did some courses over near Nashville, Tn.

Reactions: TheDude219
Or just Hide supported groups. I’m on a waiting list for one in PA. Would love to support (learn) from folks on here. Thanks for your replies

Told you I would help you out when you got all your gear set up and into Woody’s but other places like Frontline Defense and Coleman’s Creek are run by good guys who do pop in here from time to time.

Told you I would help you out when you got all your gear set up and into Woody’s but other places like Frontline Defense and Coleman’s Creek are run by good guys who do pop in here from time to time.
Thanks Rob! Just seeing if there was any other posted options to sign up for

I have everything planning to set it up tomorrow time permitting, so I’m ready to get rolling

Reactions: Rob01
There is a DMR match at Clinton House Plantation in a week (June 24th). There are actually 4 classifications. Bolt Open, Bolt Tactical, Gas Gun Open, Gas Gun Tactical. Pistol and rifle. 95% of targets inside of 600 yards.

It’s not a formal training class but you can definitely always learn something watching others shoot.

• Love
Reactions: TheDude219
Modern Day Sniper is coming to Pigg River in VA for a few classes in November. There are still 7 slots or so for the intro to precision rifle Nov 7-10th.

Andy Slade also has his training, which I have heard is exceptional. He is down around the same area.

Reactions: kindabitey
If I was in the Virginia area I would definately contact Andy at https://riflemanspath.com/
I have seen him coach and he is a very good teacher. Friendly, respectful and very calm. His personal skills are of course top tier.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
I’m thinking about taking a class or two at Coleman’s Creek. It’s only a 90 min drive.