• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Any Nighthawk owners?

FTK_1997

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
FT Bragg, NC
I know there are a ton of custom 1911 out there.. I am just wondering are there any nighthawk owners on here and if so what are your thoughts? worth the money? I am currently deployed but when i get home i was thinking of buying one, either their GRP or enforcer.... just seeing how current owners feel about their pistol.. let me know.. thanks

Re: Any Nighthawk owners?

I have the full size Predator with some other custom features on it and I really love it. It is awesome to shoot. My friends can't believe how nicely and accurate this 1911 shoots. These are superbly built guns. This all comes at a price of $3200 though. I really like the bull barrel and no bushing version that the Predator has.

I would go with the GRP. I think that is the perfect usable 1911. Some times I think mine is just too pretty at times to be an every day shooter.
wink.gif
That being said, I could always use another and that would be the GRP. OBTW, the T3 is a fine example as well. I think every man should have a custom 1911 in their life time. There are many other fine examples, but you will never go wrong with a Nighthawk Custom 1911.

I thought about the Tactical rifles Nighthawk is making and I am sure they are fine. But I went with the Sugeon Scalpel, being a tried a proven rifle.

God speed returning home. Thanks.

http://nighthawkcustom.com/default.aspx

I just took delivery of a T3 in .40s&w with Diamond Black finish and the freakin' thing ROCKS!

As said above, I don't think you could possibly go wrong with a Nighthawk. The T3 is my first NH, but I can't see anything I'd like to see different. Customer service is great as well.

I bought a Dominator about a year ago. Worth every penny. Check out Gunslingers. I paid $375 under retail. May want to place your order ASAP.

I've got a GRP Recon Rail and absolutely love it. Nice, smooth trigger, extremely accurate, and a rugged finish. It may not be as "pretty" as some of the other custom 1911s out there, but I could care less. Great customer service too. IMHO, you can't go wrong with a GRP Recon.

Thank you all for the input...I am strongly leaning towards the Recon... just curious is it a match barrel or the bull?

I had a GRP. Real nice piece of gear!! But so expensive that I found myself actually afraid to use it anywhere but the range. After about a year I sold it for almost what I paid for it, then bought a Kimber Gold Combat II.

The Kimber is a Corvette versus the GRP being a Ferrari... meaning, they'll both do the same thing just as well as one another, but which one would you rather be driving if you could afford it?

I've got a GRP Recon w/ Crimson Trace and X200. Very, very shootable pistol, though when a pistol starts approaching the price of a custom bolt gun me thinks there's something wrong. That said, it's the most accurate pistol I've owned (beats my P7M13) and is supremely reliable. But like all 1911s, it requires constant work if you shoot it regularly.

GRP here...Its a great shooter!!

I would recommend you decide on the features you want and spend the money on the best one you can afford. It will last you a life time and you won't be sorry or need to purchase another.

Good luck.

1. Depends on the model.

2. No extra parts.

4. Yes.

What happened to 3?

Again thank you all, i agree it is alot for a pistol, but oh what a pistol... I actually had a few technical questions and i got an email from Larry Lyles, very nice guy and very easy to deal with and talk too.
I agree with you Ondutyhk totally... if your going to spend that much might as well get everything you want the first time..

But then again i could always use a few more guns for the collection... LOL
OK back to work.. have a mission tomorrow.. you all take care..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Depends on the model.

2. No extra parts.

4. Yes.

What happened to 3?

</div></div>

HA HA I didn't catch that!

CPT Steel Taught me to count! (e.g. We're on the 10yd line men! Can you count? one, two, ten)

Thanks for the answer!

Ok on number 1. How about the 10-8?

I have a GRP Recon and a Talon II which is my carry peice. Both shoot as good as my Wilson and the fit and finsh are also on par with my Wilson. The only thing that I did not like about the Nighthawks and the cheap ass magazines that come with them. Both of mine came with 8rd magazines but if you loaded 8 rounds it would not feed the first round in. Switch to a Wilson 8 rd and it functioned flawless.