• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any of you own a C&R license?

FlashAndPoof

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Would you recommend it? Are there really any C&R deals left to make the effort worth it? Seems like it's just $30 for 3 years which is actually kinda surprising to me.

i had it a few years ago.....bought a P64 Makarov on the cheap.....let it expire after that.

honestly there are no screaming deals right now like there were a few years ago.....especially not like when you could buy $80 mosins.

I still have one - when I first got it I bought several things - K31's, Mauser's, some ex-Soviet bloc pistol. I bought stupid stuff just because I thought it was cool for a firearm to be delivered to my door. These days those good deals on surplus weapons have dried up, and I don't get a lot of "dealer" discounts with it so it's probably not worth it.

Midway, Graf's, Brownell's, and Numrich give you Dealer pricing if you have a C&R.

There's probably lots of pretty decent guns out there that are gonna be turning 50 years old. I myself have been considering getting a C&R permit ever since legally old enough to get one simply because of my love for WW2 weaponry (both ally and axis). I say go for it if you're considering getting one. It's much less hassle getting one of those than an FFL and having to actually run a business.

May have changed since, I believe it was around 2012 Midway stopped giving dealer discounts for FFL's (not sure if that applied to C&R).

Midway, Graf's, Brownell's, and Numrich give you Dealer pricing if you have a C&R.

I just called Grafs and Midway and neither one would offer a discount or dealer pricing to an 03 FFL holder. If you are a DEALER, then yes...

OK, Midway no longer gives a discount. Not sure who you talked to at Graf's, FourT6and2, but I definitely get dealer pricing from Graf's thanks to my C&R...I made an order two days ago. Brownell's gives a sizeable discount... I order from them almost every other day. I make up my $30 C&R license fee in one month with Brownell's. Numrich only gives a discount on select items

From the Graf's "Sign up for a new Dealer Account" web page :http://www.grafs.com/dealer/newdealer.php

If you possess an FFL (other than Class 01), Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License that indicates you are in the shooting sports industry, please send us a copy of your FFL, Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License. You must put "Attn: Internet Dealer Accounts" (please include your e-mail address and/or phone number) on your document.

Last edited:
OK, Midway no longer gives a discount. Not sure who you talked to at Graf's, FourT6and2, but I definitely get dealer pricing from Graf's thanks to my C&R...I made an order two days ago. Brownell's gives a sizeable discount... I order from them almost every other day. I make up my $30 C&R license fee in one month with Brownell's. Numrich only gives a discount on select items

From the Graf's "Sign up for a new Dealer Account" web page :http://www.grafs.com/dealer/newdealer.php

If you possess an FFL (other than Class 01), Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License that indicates you are in the shooting sports industry, please send us a copy of your FFL, Tax ID, Seller's Permit or Resale License. You must put "Attn: Internet Dealer Accounts" (please include your e-mail address and/or phone number) on your document.

Called again (spoke to a different department). And you're right! They set me up with a dealer account. Thanks for the info :)

brPlQqyl.jpg

Since a firearm over fifty years old can classify at C&R, anyone who is interested in collecting old Colts and Smiths will enjoy having them sent straight to the door, no transfer needed. Every year more are added to the list. It is surprising what the UPS man has brought me over the years.

Brownells does NOT give a "sizeable discount" it's just 10%...I agree if you buy a lot from Brownells it is worth it, but no point in making it seem like something it is not.

I had my class 3 c&r and really liked getting set up with century arms as a dealer and get their pricing that's only reserved for dealers. It allows u to see all the pricing on their web site. When u buy from them you order from the same person and they get to know u. Kinda nice. Cool to look at their one off and fixable 'project' type guns.

Yes, but I only purchased a P64 and a Yugoslav SKS with it thus far.

There are some good deals now in our own PX, such as that 1955 Colt Huntsman, that are probably Curios and Relics. Straight to your door. It really isn't all about cheap Eastern Bloc surplus.

i use it for when i renew at CMP. the firstM16's are now C&R eligiable according to the last CMP email. its nice to have if you find that one rifle (C&R) you want online and buy it and it comes straight to you.