• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any opinion on Vortex Skyline spotter?

avmech

Private
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2007
Swamps of south Florida
Title says it all, looking to purchase a spotter without breaking the bank and am looking for input on the Skyline 20-60x80mm angled spotter. So if anyone has used one and knows what they are like, I appreciate the input. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Any opinion on Vortex Skyline spotter?

Avmech,
I ordered one of those from Cameraland.The Skyline 20-60x80.I had heard that the Vortex scopes were very close in clarity to the High end spotters so I tried it.I was a little disappointed.It was as clear as my Nightforce 5.5-22x56 rifle scope but it gets a little dark and fuzzy at 60X.I think it may be worth the $600 approx price tag if that's all you can afford but whatever you do don't go looking through it side by side compared to any of the Zeiss,Swaro,Leica,spotters as I did!LOL.I sent it back immediately,studied up on spotters,gritted my teeth and bought a Pentax PF-100ED.Now that's an awesome scope!I think the best bang for the buck in spotters is the Pentax PF80.I haven't looked through one but in my readings it was mentioned more than once that it was very close in optics to scopes costing 2-3 times as much.

Steve