• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any opinions on Butt Pods?

crockett007

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Alabama
Thinking about ordering a butt pod for my Remy SPS. Any body hsve any experience with these things and are they worth using?

Re: Any opinions on Butt Pods?

I have tried the Muley Pod and the Accu-Shot Monopod. The AccuShot is exponentially better, in my opinion. Spend once and get the best.

Those will not disappoint. Some guy here on the Hide (named Kasey) expounds on their virtues and can answer any Accu-shot questions. I think he knows of which he speaks.

+1 on the Accu-Shot Monopod.

I have one on my Rem 700 GAP 300 win mag

makes for a good stable platform

I was expecting this thread to be the beginning of a bad prison-related joke or some sort of invite to a sex toy party! Oh well...no laughs or marital aides to be had in this thread.
wink.gif

That said...I can't recommend the Accu-shot monopods highly enough (and anything else that Kasey and company put out for that matter). You won't find a better option for a rear monopod on the market. They may not be the cheapest, but they are by far the best out there!!

I tried accushot monopod, but just don't like it as much as a rear bag. For bench target shooting it is nice. But at least for me, with different target elevations such as shooting down at target, I can't get even elevation with monopod. Others swear by them.

I thought it might be a sailor's thread complete with pegboys.
sick.gif

Accushot monopods are the best out there IMO. But I'm more of a bean bag fan - it's more versatile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it might be a sailor's thread complete with pegboys.
sick.gif

Accushot monopods are the best out there IMO. But I'm more of a bean bag fan - it's more versatile. </div></div>

It's kind of funny that this vendor refers to the item as a "butt pod"........nice marketing description there! LOL

I'll think I'll go ahead and order one. Even though it may not be as versatile as a bag, at least it's attached to the stock and saves me carting around a bag if I need to change positions. I think it will be most valuable in the prone.

thanks for all the feedback!