• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Any opinions on the Barnett Ghost 410 crossbow?

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
I want to have a much longer hunting season this year, thus I'm going to take up archery season with a crossbow. I've been looking at quite a few crossbows, read many reviews, and it seems that in my price range, the Barnett Ghost 410 is what I'm looking for. I want to use this for whitetails, but I've got some big black bear on my land, and there's a chance I'd do some Western hunting with it too if I really enjoy it.

The reason I like the Ghost 410 is that the speed is phenomenal, the weight isn't bad, it's reportedly very accurate, and the balance of the crossbow puts the weight back toward the shooter, unlike front heavy CBs. All that for under $1k sounds like a pretty good deal. Let me know if you have any experience with this setup or Barnett in general. Thanks.

The barnetts are fine crossbows. I think you would be happy. I don't own one but have friends that have that and have shot them. They are balanced well,fast and accurate. I like them as well as my ten point cls phantom.

The barnetts are fine crossbows. I think you would be happy. I don't own one but have friends that have that and have shot them. They are balanced well,fast and accurate. I like them as well as my ten point cls phantom.

I've heard nothing but good things about Ten Points and I'd love to get the Vapor. Alas, it's quite the price jump up to the Vapor though. I'm really looking forward to getting more hunting this season.

I have a Barnett Quad 400 (budget version of the Ghost 410). got it last year for Christmas and it is phenomenal. It is a bit heavy but at 50y, I can shoot fist sized groups from a decent rest. It is quite a bit less expensive than the Ghost and I think it runs the same speed. If you don't have to have the lightest thing on the block, you can save a bit of money on the Quad. As far as noise, it does make quite a thwang but I have deadened it with rubber inserts on the limbs and it does sound better.

I currently run Beman bolts with 150gn Slick Tricks. The impact at 50y is scary. I have not had any real problems with it at all. I cooked a string on it. My fault but Barnett covered it! Don't forget to wax! I also had the string guide go missing and they sent a new one as well.

I went with the stock scope and it has been just fine. I am sure there are others out there but mine has held zero through many many shots and hunts without a problem. It does have a high draw weight, so get the sting and handle setup to pull it. Makes it easier. Accuracy sucks if you grab the string and pull it. I will hunt with mine for the first time this season.

LD