• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any original members here?

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
While back some young rip-off artist took me for $250 here, rather irritated me but Frank gave me some IP's and I tracked the B*stard down in Houston.
Sent him a photo of his front door and I gleaned major satisfaction from that :)

Anyway I've been building another rifle, albeit slowly.

Hope everyone has as Merry Christmas of course.

Not an original member, joined about a year or two before the SCOUT days. Had to make a new account after that debacle.

Merry Christmas.

I am a noobie, not sure what the SCOUT days are.

But yes Merry Christmas, and happy new year.

Being the old fart I will likely bring in the new year with a nice loud snore.

Welllll... I've been here for a while mostly lurking. Oct 2001, as "gofish", member #226 before that account got locked out I think during the Scout days. I remember AL, Two Shoes, Capt Huskey, Bruce (Sasquatch), Gruff, Froggy, Green788, Raoultoo (Mike Duncan) and Bunnie (Mary). The good ol' days before ARFcom fans joined up...

I too have been around here a while. Not since day-one or anything, but quite some time. I remember Ugashik Bob, many others, and this is all before Victor was a Mod. IIRC even our 'join dates' were changed during one of the numerous 'changeovers'. I really REALLY don't want to use the word "transition" anymore. It should be stricken from the language, but that's another story.

Merry Christmas

And before here, was the "Duty Roster".... where MANY got their starts. And many tangents of industry were born...

I was.
Don't even recall my original user name.
Voluntarily deleted that account don't even know how many years ago.
Came back after I retired and stuff.

I do remember a very heated argument about jarhead MOS numbers from back then.
Don't recall specifics other than that Frank was involved....and rather heated too.
Anyone else remember that ?

Was Sniper's Hide called Sniper Country prior to 2005 or 2006? I joined in 2018 so that makes me a "teener" in ARFspeak. Been at ARF since 2001, fuck, coulda been on both ARF and the Hide for 22 years straight. How da heck I never bothered to check out Sniper Country? Must have been the tacticool flair of the other places at the time. Early 2000s everybody was obsessed with Glocks and MP5s and action movie style CQB LOL...

Reactions: 232593 and Bender
Was Sniper's Hide called Sniper Country prior to 2005 or 2006? I joined in 2018 so that makes me a "teener" in ARFspeak. Been at ARF since 2001, fuck, coulda been on both ARF and the Hide for 22 years straight. How da heck I never bothered to check out Sniper Country? Must have been the tacticool flair of the other places at the time. Early 2000s everybody was obsessed with Glocks and MP5s and action movie style CQB LOL...
Nossir. Sniper Country is where the Duty Roster was, as well as a PX and such.

That was back in the 90's, and of a completely different format. Lo', so long ago....

May 2002 here and lurked long before that….
a few years before that for the DR on SC.

I got my nickname, Shortbus, from Tom Manners when I started working there, so i've had this account since late 2010'ish, maybe the beginning of 2011. I don't recall if I changed my name on here, or if I setup a new account because i'm pretty sure I discovered the site around 2008 or so. Details are a bit fuzzy at my old age.

Branden

Edit to Add: My thingy over there to the left says I signed up April 13, 2008...so I was sorta right. I must have just changed my screen name at some point after 2010.

Fall of 2008 .... Merry Christmas to all and best wishes in 2024

I now have a full blown disease.... Precision Rifleitis Accumulatotus. I need to downsizumus substantulus

Last edited:
I was here waaay before Scout. I sure remember you Arc! I met Frank and a bunch of other members at the SH Cup in 2006. Always glad to see you back sir.

I origianlly joined back in 07 and met some of the early guys shooting matches around NC. Had some health problems that lasted a few years along with a bad divorce and during that time something happened to my account. I don't know if it was the "scout" thing or what but I finally made a new account in 2019 after lurking again for a few years.
I was originally "Skep_tic". The IT staff here has since helped me find my original account. I enjoyed going back and reading some of my early post and remembering how green I was when I first started here and also realizing how much I've learned from this community.
It's unnerving how fast the time has passed.

I joined back in 08 but wasn't active. Forgot my account info and resigned up in 2010.
Merry Christmas. Scout was a shit show. I miss the Shout Box.

Reactions: camocorvette
If any of you old timers can think of any Legendary Threads (and can find them) please add them to this thread if they aren't in there already. It is also a fun way to see what has happened here over the years.

There used to be a guy here that eventually got permanent banned for picking fights, had a thread on "breaking in" rifles. Think he was from Alaska. He would launch his rifle out onto the ice and rocks to break it in, then shoot small groups. Definitely epic.

There used to be a guy here that eventually got permanent banned for picking fights, had a thread on "breaking in" rifles. Think he was from Alaska. He would launch his rifle out onto the ice and rocks to break it in, then shoot small groups. Definitely epic.
I remember that. Drops it on the gravel and rocks two or three times. Then picked it up and awww lookie there as he rubbed the scratches on the scope. This rifles good and broke in now. Then rings some steel 800 yards out I think.

Was around the time Frank made the SpinD and butter flavored wind cheater vids at Rifles Only.

Reactions: BurtG
Here's a video on proper rifle break in, Nobody method.

Not to derail the thread too much, but that channel has some great videos. Nobody apparently cuts some big timber in Alaska.

Last edited:
Nobody

YES THATS THE ONE! Nobody was a hoot. I forgot about the cow barrel thing. Good stuff right there.

2009 here.

I recall an OG member named Lindy or something. I wish I had a screenshot of the forum and how it looked back then. Only thing I remember is the blinking envelope icon when you had an unread message. ✉️

Reactions: UKDslayer
Here's a video on proper rifle break in, Nobody method.

Not to derail the thread too much, but that channel has some great videos. Nobody apparently cuts some big timber in Alaska.

Beat me to it.

2009 here.

I recall an OG member named Lindy or something. I wish I had a screenshot of the forum and how it looked back then. Only thing I remember is the blinking envelope icon when you had an unread message. ✉️
Lindy's good.... living his life, getting along well. Stays away from drama and soap-opera's.