• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Any Other Beak Busters Here?

Idaho Savage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Per my "newbie intro post," I'm somewhat new to rifle hunting but a longtime bird hunter. Any others here? Personally spend a lot of time scouring Idaho for pheasant, quail, chukar, grouse, huns and I do a lot of waterfowling, too. Just curious if there are other bird hunters around.

That and groundhog hunting are by far and away my two favorites. I like to shoot more than I like to hunt. Both go hand in hand. That and my first job being at a trap club always led me to shooting things out of the air.

We don't have the game birds like some places here but ducks/geese and especially doves are a blast.

Well, I really like to chase roosters in SD. Turkeys here and there! Quail in MO, AR and Kansas. Ducks where ever they are from here to Canada! Really planning on a Montana waterfowl/upland adventure with some PD shooting in case of!

Ducks, Geese, Doves, Pheasant, Grouse, and Turkeys for me

Cut my teeth hunting pheasants behind my parents farm some 20 yrs ago. Not too many pheasants in Illinois anymore though. In 2 weeks I hope to get my first turkey in Nebraska.

Ruffed grouse behind my German Shorthairs. It's like combat bird hunting as you are always in the thick stuff, usually stepping over, under or through some big sticky bush when they flush.

It's no gentleman's game.

We also love chasing pheasants, chukars and woodcock around here.

Too much fun and GREAT for the dogs!

A few "stoke" shots for all the beak benders.

My dog, Steve, on retrieve:
11.23.11.steve.sunrise.retrieve.jpg

Pile o'greenies with a little jewelry:
1.5.13.bander.pile.color.web.jpg

Steve pointing a covey of huns:
12.15.steve.point.cropped.jpg

A hybrid green brain/sprig shot this year. He's on my wall now, known as Freaky Beaky.
hybrid.duck.jpg

I try to put my English Pointer and German Short Haired Pointer to work every fall. Often split upland bird hunting and predator hunting up throughout the day.