• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any other FAL fans?

ivanthesane

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Any other fans of the Right Arm of the Free World here?

Mines just a Century, but it runs great and is fairly accurate... certainly makes the AR shooters jealous at the range.
smile.gif

Re: Any other FAL fans?

i think the fal para is probably the most under rated platform in the world and if theyd fix it to take straight feed mags would trump every medium range tactical rig out there.

My favorite is the L1A1. Easier to manipulate controls than the metric version. DSA does however make a semi-auto extended selector switch for the metric lowers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FAL is a great rig. My dad and I both have Argentine FALs(Rosario DGFM)that came into the country yrs ago</div></div>

I love the look and feel of the FN's - I also have an Argentine FAL (Rosario). I have had it for years. It is fun to shoot. I find the FAL's to be very well balanced for such a long rifle.

I've always liked the metric better for the pistol grip. My hands are too small for my thumb to reach the selector properly on either metric or inch. I do like one inch mag release I saw - think it was on an Indian rifle, very easy to operate with trigger finger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite is the L1A1. Easier to manipulate controls than the metric version. DSA does however make a semi-auto extended selector switch for the metric lowers. </div></div>

I really like the STG's, I built this one myself, wished I kept it!
1000222dc0.jpg

I like mine even better when it comes time to clean it. I was thinking very positive thoughts about the engineers the first time I broke it down. WAY easier to clean than an AR. Shoots pretty well too.

I may just have to acquire a para.

My DSA 16" lightweight carbine has become my GO-TO
Fast to run with the T1 and I have a Leupu 1.5-5 [still light] that drops on to it for longer work.
Going to set up my 18" Para with the same when $$ allow.

FNcarbineT1.jpg

I regret getting rid of my 16.25"DSA carbine, it was nice stout reliable 308 rifle.Hope to get another one,one day.

I love my DSA STG58. I'd shot 500 yards with iron sight with Port ammo and hit the 10"x14" steel without any problem. It's my GO-TO rifle also.

It's hard to argue with the beefy engineering of the FAL. I always wondered what everyone saw in the sheet metal HK rifles. They seem weak in comparison.

I have a STG built on a parts kit from DSA. I shoot steel out to 400yds with Australian M80. Definite fun gun.

I knew I needed to own one when I saw the rifle in the movie 'Heat' Best movie ever made rifle however isn't bad either.

Started as a worn out Belgian kit and an Imbal Gear Logo receiver. I ended up getting a new barrel, lower receiver and some other parts, then built it myself.

evil_fal.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew I needed to own one when I saw the rifle in the movie 'Heat' Best movie ever made rifle however isn't bad either. </div></div>

that was an FNC...

I have a 20 inch medium contour DSA SA58. Freefloat handguard, versapod, factory trigger job. Tons o fun to shoot and an excellent zombie killer. Thinkin about selling it though since cheap ammo has gone away.

I have a Century built FAL which does not function.
I have checked the gas plug (not set for grenade launching), piston, bolt and carrier and am still having issues.
I'll be PCS'ing to Leavenworth for school when I return from this deployment so maybe I can stop by Kansas City and drop it off to get it worked on?

Hit the falfiles.com/forums site adn they can probably get you fixed up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Century built FAL which does not function.
I have checked the gas plug (not set for grenade launching), piston, bolt and carrier and am still having issues.
I'll be PCS'ing to Leavenworth for school when I return from this deployment so maybe I can stop by Kansas City and drop it off to get it worked on? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RQI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew I needed to own one when I saw the rifle in the movie 'Heat' Best movie ever made rifle however isn't bad either. </div></div>

that was an FNC... </div></div>

Ah... I turned down the chance to trade even up a Mini-14 and a bunch of mags for a FNC in the early 90s... I feel sooo stopid about it...

Neat thing is they are the cheapest way into quality full auto - more registered sear kits in the country than there are host rifles...

Here is my FAL. This is the first rifle I bought after being in the US for a couple of years. She's due for a camo job soon.

IMG_02591.JPG

I love my FAL. Its a 16inch DSA tactical carbine. It has a CTR stock coversion and a rail system. Only issue I have is the CS of DSA. When my wife sent it in to have the stock changed they kept the lower screw and the old folding stock. This is not good service as now my rifle has no lower screw and is still apart. I also put a S&B short dot on it as optics because its a battle rifle not a sniper rifle. Can't wait to shoot it when I get back from Iraq. I love this gun and I named her Vera becuase its my favorite gun. The cs is horrible I have sent emails after emails about things can't call them as I am deployed and the time difference is well not beneficial. Any help would be appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RQI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I knew I needed to own one when I saw the rifle in the movie 'Heat' Best movie ever made rifle however isn't bad either. </div></div>

that was an FNC... </div></div>
Want to bet money on it? Here it is.
23iw9k5.jpg

Here is the FNC
y9hi.jpg

Can't forget about the bank shootout either. Tom Sizemore was packing his FAL when Pacino plunked him with his FNC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cobra is that the old T48 type triggergaurd? </div></div>

those are STG58 handguards, the kit was a G1, man it was ugly, real ugly, the recevier was a Coonan Type1, I had the barrel cut to 16, opened up the gas port, refinished everything with KG GunKote, I built it for 600 and sold it for 825, I really want a DSA SBR Para now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't forget about the bank shootout either. Tom Sizemore was packing his FAL when Pacino plunked him with his FNC. </div></div>

Tom Sizemore was clearly using a galil! Just saying...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/2/2b/HeatGalilARM-2.jpg/600px-HeatGalilARM-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't forget about the bank shootout either. Tom Sizemore was packing his FAL when Pacino plunked him with his FNC. </div></div>

Sorry but ol Tom had a Galil when AL nailed him with a headshot.

Speaking of the S&B...Good call! I like mine. Rail is a bit heavy on the frontend. Thinking about dropping the bipod and going with fiberglass forgrip with a short rail for the light.

As for poor customer service from DSA, I sent mine off awhile back for some work. They sent it back with every last little part. I would complain until they give you all your stuff back. Did you pay for the new parts? Did you pay for the old parts? Absolutely you did, so there F'ing yours! Get them back.

Yep, here is mine. 16" DSA Para with rails.
scope is a tr22 2.5-10x56. I use it on my AR also.

IMG_0391.jpg

Looking at a century fal now! What mags will fit it? Can you use the g3? Where does everyone get the top pic rail?

Somebody say FAL?

My favorite 7.62x51 semi. Had a bunch over the years- FAL's, M1A's, Galil's, AR-10's, HK-91's.. The FAL is my hand's down favorite. M1A is a close 2nd. For a no-nonsense iron sighted real "Battle Rifle" the FAL gets my vote every time.

Speaking of the FAL Files web site.. anyone familiar with "The Tale of 'Ol Dirty"? http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68486&perpage=50&pagenumber=1

15,000+ (fifteen THOUSAND plus) rounds fired without cleaning. Over 5 YEARS now with no cleaning and still going strong.

With ammo prices the way they are now, I doubt anyone would try to duplicate this testing. Nothing special about the rifle either- it was a home built "kit" rifle (StG58 parts kit and Imbel receiver). A testament to the design imho.

Mags will depend on if it is inch or metric cut in the receiver. Inch guns can use metric mags but not vice versa.

I'd bet that it is cut for metric mags. This is good - they are less expensive than inch mags.

imbel built and another in the works..... picked up one of the cheap 0 throat wear matching number imbel kits this past December from enterprise that took MONTHS to ship.....

Speaking of the S&B...Good call! I like mine. Rail is a bit heavy on the frontend. Thinking about dropping the bipod and going with fiberglass forgrip with a short rail for the light.

As for poor customer service from DSA, I sent mine off awhile back for some work. They sent it back with every last little part. I would complain until they give you all your stuff back. Did you pay for the new parts? Did you pay for the old parts? Absolutely you did, so there F'ing yours! Get them back.

Mine is just like this but with an Elcan, continuous rail, 2 stage trigger and AAC suppressor mount. Nothing you can do to it to make it any more accurate really, but it's one battle beast, that's for sure. Fun to shoot.

The FAL is the sexiest military rifle ever built.

Of all the guns I've sold I should have kept, two that stand out are:

G-Series FAL … less than 2000 imported.

G-Series FAL Heavy …21 imported.