• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any other Gun store owners here?

tomcat68

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
Paris, TN
Guys,

Are there any other gun store owners here. I have a small shop here in TN. Would like to hear from others.

Tomcat68

Re: Any other Gun store owners here?

I spent alot of years in the back room. I was a sales rep for a couple of different sporting goods wholesalers for quit a few years. Tom.

Ok, are we going to hear some funny customer stories. On a gun forum I frequent the gun store owners and employees tell some pretty funny stories about customers.

I have spent alot of time in sporting goods stores because of my profession. In those years I have seen three "accidental" discharges of weapons in private stores. And the funny thing is all three were associated with LEO's. I also watched two additional discharges which resulted in personal injury(at indoor ranges). And both of those also involved LEO's. Do you feel safe?? Tom.

Not a store owner but am a salesman for a shooting sports wholesaler here in TN. It's a crazy industry to say the least. Get the gamut of bubba's to wanna-be's to good folks. Love it.

Tomcat, what's the name of your shop?

Charlie

yup...owner here, not too many stories here though, pretty picky about my clientele. All I can say is women in general are the worst at gun handling.

My experience has been that most of the people behind the counter are too dumb to carry on an intelligent conversation about whatever I came in about. They are quick to dismiss my inquery, and act as though they have the most important stressfull job on earth. The best part is listening to them give counsel to obvious newcomers, telling them bullshit stories about what they need to learn or know, and how this gun is the best one for you because of X,Y,and Z.
I do feel bad for them though, I think they have been made that way by the throngs of F_cking Morons that come in daily after working a 6 hour shift at jiffy lube and ask to see "that MP5 right there".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would love to hear funny and horror stories. </div></div>

Guy calls and says in 79 when I was there, there was a mama moose and her cub eating grass near the airport, are they still there? This is my buddies first time hunting in Alaska and I want to show him what a moose looks like before hunting. I said no sir she has retired but her cub is now there but no offspring yet. He said, oh well and hung up.

Guys walks up to counter with AK and says, my gun is broke as he points the muzzle directly at my guy behind the counter pulling the trigger. My guy grabs the muzzle pushing the muzzle up while releasing the AK from the guys grip. A light primer strike / stuck live round still in the chamber. Almost had a fist fight on my hands.

A very well built young female comes out of the changing closet, walks up to me and turns around showing me her butt with a wiggle, how do these look. She then turns around, puts thumbs in the waist, pulls very hard out giving me a peek, how does this look. I was speechless. To this day I am not sure if I was suppose to look at the pants she was trying on or something else.

I hear come see this, four male eastern Europeans are butt naked trying on clothes in the middle of the store.

I hear a yell of a lady, I then hear my guy yell for me, come out and see a teenager and older lady with hair in their hands pulling a screaming at each other about I will not go and yes you will or something to that affect. Try to calm them down, APD arrive and the teenager was a run away break out from McLoughlin and the lady was her PO or something and somehow found her there.

There are more.

A friend of mine owned a very large store in BG, KY. He also had a indoor handgun, and indoor archery range. He also did a lot of handloading in the store.

We closed out a bunch of rubber bullets(my company), so this dealer bought a bunch of them. We loaded them down and had fire fights inside the store with S&W revolvers and the rubber bullets. We had a lot of fun.

He had a double main door in the front, and a single side door. So one day the owner snuck out the front door and went around to the side door to sneak up on a couple of us. We did not know what he was doing. As he was going around the side of the building a KY State Trooper was driving by, and saw the owner sneaking around the side of the building with two revolvers in his hands. So the Trooper came in the front door on full alert. We had no time to warn the Trooper and we did not know the owner was sneaking in the side door. The owner blowed through the side door with both S&W's blazing rubber bullets at us. Then the Trooper drew his weapon. I let out a scream, and when the owner saw the Trooper he threw the revolvers straight in the air and hollered don't shoot. The trooper was not a bit amused. He did not shoot the owner, but it was close. He had a concrete floor in the shop. One of the grips cracked on one of the Smith's, and he scratched the heck out of both of them when they hit the concrete. Tom.