• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any other Marines help me decipher this photo?

bogeybrown

0369/8531
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2012
AL
Okay, so I clicked on this link about an E. Coli outbreak at MCRD San Diego, and there's a photo that claims to show recruits. The buildings are clearly from the MCRD, but there's at least 2 females in the group, varying degrees of haircuts, non-green skivy shirts with insignia, a fairly loose formation for a recruit class, and a few other things that just don't match up with it being recruits.
The group seems big for a DI Course, a lot of shaved heads for poolees, who would these folks be if not recruits? We didn't start training females on the West Coast did we? Best guesses anyone?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/1...-outbreak.html

Last edited:
I was just there a few months ago at the museum. Always wanted to say I have been to both Depot's. I swear I saw that shirt there. I think it is the HQ company.

Young man from my local is out there trying to earn the right currently.
His mother linked the e coli outbreak.

R

I was just there a few months ago at the museum. Always wanted to say I have been to both Depot's. I swear I saw that shirt there. I think it is the HQ company.

That would make sense if it were the admin personnel or whoever assigned to the Depot.

BogeyBrown nailed it. MCRD staff getting ready for a unit run. Note all the Guidons of the various units, the varying age, females and postures. A full mix of DI, admin clerks, senior NCOs, Officers and junior pencil pushers.

maybe NCO acadamy or maybe a Sgt course?

That's another good guess. At least we're all agreed that those ain't recruits, right? I suppose that once again the media just grabbed a file photo and pretended to know what they were talking about when they captioned it.

BogeyBrown nailed it. MCRD staff getting ready for a unit run. Note all the Guidons of the various units, the varying age, females and postures. A full mix of DI, admin clerks, senior NCOs, Officers and junior pencil pushers.

I second this, as not only did I earn the title there, but I saw a few 'base' runs. This is one of those, as stated above.