• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any other mifflin sportsman association members?

Rory_Fritz

Thing 1
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Recently became a member of the mifflin county sportsman association in central PA. Anyone else a member there? Hows the range and steel target situation?

Reactions: diverdon
I was just at the range today. Everything is good. There is some steel, but most shooters set their own. They are getting ready to do some work on the road and you always need to check the calendar for events that may have the range closed. Good luck.

Reactions: diverdon
You shoot up a side of a mountain so bring a bipod with long legs if you want to shoot 700-1000 yards. At the very least bring a 2x4 to give more height. This time of year the stink bugs have a time share rental there so be ready for that invasion. More stink bugs in one place that I have ever seen in my life. Keep your cases, bags, and vehicle sealed up to avoid any stowaways.

Reactions: bergman0311
You shoot up a side of a mountain so bring a bipod with long legs if you want to shoot 700-1000 yards. At the very least bring a 2x4 to give more height. This time of year the stink bugs have a time share rental there so be ready for that invasion. More stink bugs in one place that I have ever seen in my life. Keep your cases, bags, and vehicle sealed up to avoid any stowaways.
Will do, thanks. Does the range have it's own steel targets or do I need to bring my own?

I'm a member. Unfortunately, did not make it up at all last year. Lost my shooting buddy. Committing to getting there once per month this year. I have my own steel. PM me when you are going or post here. Maybe we can meet up. I'm no upper echelon shooter. I don't do matches. I just enjoy long range steel.

I'm a member as well, unfortunately only made it a few times last year do to life and it being a few hour drive.

Hoping to make it at least once every couple of months this year.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
I hope it's not bad form to bump older threads. I'll likely be applying in a couple of weeks. It's a bit of a drive, but one of the only places around that I'm aware of that has a 1000 yard range.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
I’m not a member but I’ve always been a big fan of milfs.
04E6C0CE-5728-47A6-834A-A87EAEE4FAC0.jpeg

Range update. Spent today at Mifflin. Shooting was awesome. They made some changes to increase parking, new wood backstops, cleaned the road off and new berm between 100 and 500 mile range. All good changes and still the best range in the area.

I just mailed off my membership form today. I’m an active duty Marine that just moved to the Eastern PA. I plan to make a trip out to the range at least once a month. I live near Philadelphia if anyone would want to carpool. Thanks for the updates fellas, I can’t wait to go check out the range!

Just made it up there for the first time last weekend and it is an awesome range. As others have said bring a tall bipod because you are shooting up hill around 7 degrees. There is a bunch of club steel at 1000 and 1-2 pieces at the closer ranges. We set up a smaller plate at 600 because the steel at 600 was pretty big for that distance. The no shooting till 1:00 on Sunday thing sucks but it is what it is I guess. All in all it was worth the 2.5 hr drive for me.

Reactions: bergman0311
I am a little south of Tamaqua. Saturday you can shoot from sun up to sun down. Obviously make sure there’s nothing going on before you go.

Hey all - New Hope guy here. Been in the area for about 3 years but just starting to get life settled enough (just had the last of 3 kids) to get shooting more. Looking for longer range myself, haven't been to Mifflin yet but would love to. If anyone is headed up there in the coming months feel free to hit me up.

On a related note, any members of Langhorne Rod and Gun or Falls Township here?

Recently became a member of the mifflin county sportsman association in central PA. Anyone else a member there? Hows the range and steel target situation?
I made it there about 4 weeks ago. They got some new steel at almost every range. Don't go up there with a low stance car though. You'll likely not make it past 500 especially if its raining.

a member yes , sadly have not been in a while . but it was really nice when we had the chance to go . lol there are cute girls everywhere you just have to look a lot harder I mean It not Daytona beach or palm springs but they have to have some somewhere hidden in root sellers kept till they are ready to married with second cousin elmer lol I mean he needs love too .lol

Last edited:
I am a little south of Tamaqua. Saturday you can shoot from sun up to sun down. Obviously make sure there’s nothing going on before you go.
Ironoperator87,
I'm originally from Tamaqua. In fact, I still hunt up there occasionally. Where are you at?

Glad I found this thread, I'm planning on joining for 2021 once the forms are out. I see they raised the rates to 120/130 a year which sucks but it seems to be one of the best long range places in PA. At an hour and a half from me I am hoping to get there monthly to really start learning long range.

I'm originally from Tamaqua. Still hunt there from time to time. Where you at?

Sorry I was asking ironoperator87 but hope to run into you up there. Typically a great group up there.

BTW: where did you get the membership cost? I've always paid $90.00 for my wife an I. Nothing on the website about raising rates. That really would suck.

I searched their facebook page since I think I read on the website they provide updates on there and there is a notice right at the top. I too thought $90 sounded great for me and my wife (who will probably rarely shoot) but $130 I a pretty big price hike.

Can anyone who has been there recently comment on the state/abundance of the club steel? I have a few pieces but if there isn't much out there I'll probably pick up a few more on blackfriday as well as rig up some stands.

I was up a month ago. They have a lot of new steel now. If I remember correctly 800 and 900 were a bit empty but otherwise it's fine starting at 300. The old stuff is pretty beat up though. I prefer to take my own steel too. It's hard to see your shots on a plate when theres a million hits already on it. Also, I'd mark your plates i.e. I'm painting mine safety pink to set them apart. I've had two occasions when others were shooting my plates. I'm hoping this will help others realize they are not club steel.

I was up a month ago. They have a lot of new steel now. If I remember correctly 800 and 900 were a bit empty but otherwise it's fine starting at 300. The old stuff is pretty beat up though. I prefer to take my own steel too. It's hard to see your shots on a plate when theres a million hits already on it. Also, I'd mark your plates i.e. I'm painting mine safety pink to set them apart. I've had two occasions when others were shooting my plates. I'm hoping this will help others realize they are not club steel.

Thanks for the intel. Never thought of having a problem with others shooting your steel but thats a good idea with painting it a unique color. I may hold off on buying any more for now and see what's what after my first trip. But I will definitely take a few colors to freshen up the paint on the club steel, that usually makes seeing hits a little easier.

Hey there! Newer shooter from Quakertown here. I just joined University Gun Club in Reading. Decent little range. Steel every 100 yards out to 600. The shooting station setup is a little weird. You have to use the upper hill shooting station for 400-600, which fires over all other ranges. And you kinda shut down the other ranges if you use it, but if first come first serve, so if you’re the first one there and want to shoot at 600, you basically own the range until you’re done.

Sounds like a gamble. And near impossible around hunting season.

2021 Membership Application/Renewal Renewal Forms are posted online, mine went out in the mail yesterday.

Range update. Made it up to Mifflin yesterday. There was new steel set up from 400 - 900 yards with the original 1000 still intact. Nice not to have to set up your own steel unless you want to.

Nice.Got my membership renewal last week. May try to get up there this Sunday

I enjoy MCSA rage, I usually will take a day off in the middle of the week when the range is not as busy. I do like that I can shoot club steel, or bring my own.