• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any owner feedback on Proof Research rifles? Elevation and or Elevation MTR

BravoSector1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 26, 2011
    Idaho
    Search didn't gen anything up. Any owner/shooter feedback on their factory rifles? I have quite a few of their barrels in my semi-autos. I see prefit barrels available for the elevation/elevation MTR models and with the current prices it would be difficult to build a rifle equivalent to their factory offering.

Look at all the threads of a Zermatt Origin and Proof barrel. It's the same thing. The only thing you can't buy off the shelf is the stock. You can build a replica of that rifle for less money but it won't have the Proof rollmark on the side.

Look at all the threads of a Zermatt Origin and Proof barrel. It's the same thing. The only thing you can't buy off the shelf is the stock. You can build a replica of that rifle for less money but it won't have the Proof rollmark on the side.

Got it. There are some dealers blowing out the MTRs at $2,700 so I'm not sure I can build a rifle for that.

Reactions: R_A_W and matt33
    Interesting. I was at a shoot recently and an MTR was hanging with a Gunwerks NEXUS. I thought my Waypoint 2020 was more of an..."entry rifle". I'm after a back country stalking rifle...not a boat anchor...so trying to narrow things down.

It should be fine for that purpose.

My observation is not a complaint. The rifle does its job.

Neither the stock nor the action have the fine machine feel of slightly more expensive options that admittedly are heavier.

Reactions: BravoSector1
    I own a 6.5 PRC in the Elevation MTR. I love mine! My take is that you almost cant build a rifle with similar components for the price. I did buy some Hawkins hunter bottom metal for it to have a more flush mag. Was able to harvest a mule deer with it two years ago.

I bought a 223 and shot it a few times, intended trainer gun; very accurate, light weight, handy. A little pricey but i don't regret it. All parts are quality, and when you get it, you know it will work... I will likely sell mine, to help funds go towards another AI.