• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Any precision builders near my area?

mike0479

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2013
United States
Hi Forum members,
Im relatively new here and have mostly been clicking through the topics trying to get some information whenever I have the time. This is a great source of knowledge to me and I am grateful to have it.
My question is: Does anyone know if there is a precision rifle builder (please dont laugh) in Connecticut? I know we have been dealing with a lot of B.S. lately with the media and our Governors new guns laws and that is what finally point my focus towards precision shooting.
I would like to be able to have a face to face conversation with a builder or company salesman to go over questions and possibly handle the rifle to make sure its comfortable before purchasing. Im not sure how else I could make a good decision about buying a weapon if I havent actually handled it before. Im a member at a local gun range but i haven't ever seen anyone there with a purpose built quality rifle. All have been out of the box standard rifles. Which i know get the job dont but Im looking for something more.
Any help would be appreciated. thank you, Mike
My email is: [email protected] if someone wanted to send a email or pics or just anything that could help me.

Don't limit yourself to local smiths. You can handle rifles from local shooters to see if they are what you like but to limit yourself to a local smith is tough in this area.

I'm in the same boat as well. SECT myself.

Any ideas on how one would find local shooters?

Dunno but I might start with a local range and check out their match dates. Matches usually bring out the better shooters. Some of them are even custom builders themselves.

As for me, the dwindling supply of old time quality 'smiths around me pushed me into building my own precision rifles. Helps that I have a premier barrel maker exactly 11 miles from my house. They do all the "machine work" and I handle all the rest which is usually fine "hand work".

Or you could just send me a PM. LOL Where in SECT? I shoot at Ledyard Sportsman's Club.