• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Proof research Rimx range reports?

vigildom7

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 15, 2018
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I see people using the proof rimx barrels but I don't hear any feedback from them? I know proof makes some amazing center fire barrels but I haven't seen anything on these.
Anyone care to share their experience and thoughts on their barrel?
I know keystone accuracy has been the good to for rimx barrels but variety is the spice of life.
Post some pictures of groups!

I currently shoot the RIMX with the proof 18" at 50 it's good with center x, SKplus and Wolf match extra .2s to .5s all day long but, ! The es is wide on all ammo chamber a little larger then I like. I broke it down checked head space .0455 tenon was +.0003 , did a chamber cast it check .0006 over what I like. Bullet engraved about .040 less then i like. The widened es really starts to show at 200 yds 300 yds on a 6" plates is 50% . I have 2 new barrels in route that I'll spin up for it I believe the Bartlien transitional with a truly lapped match chamber will put a end to the 23 fps avg. es. I currently shoot the action in a grayboe ridge back bedded with a diamond tt at 4oz. With a Vortex Razor I borrowed off my 6.5 RPR

All the talk of proof barrels in the RimX thread and only one post here!?!?!?

I'm not much help here, but I did see a guy at alabama precision's prs22 event smoke all of us with a rimx/proof/manners/nx8. It obviously works well.

Reactions: vigildom7
but I did see a guy at Alabama precision's prs22 event smoke all of us with a rimx/proof/manners/nx8.
I am heavily leaning on that list for my next build, mostly because I have no experience with any of those brands. Right now I'm a Bergara/Grayboe/Kahles shooter.