• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any range reports for CMP 40x's???

wksinatl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2001
Atlanta, Ga
I will get mine (40x-HB) Monday and am getting "itchy". I've always wanted a 40x and this will be the first.

I've seen some pics that make you drool but haven't seen any range reports.

How 'bout it?

Keith

Re: Any range reports for CMP 40x's???

I believe that it is luck of the draw. I've some pals who shoot/win with them in bench rest competitions with original barrels, and the only change is the addition of a Jewell trigger which is a true drop in that doesn't mod the rifle. Others have had to change out the barrel,but these are of course true match rifles, and our chances are good that they will shoot very well. It will be interesting to see how this release works out.

Keith,

What configuration will you finish yours as, a silhouette gun, a tactical trainer, a bench gun, or simply leave it the way it is and shoot prone matches with it?

Let us know how yours shoots.

Here is my 40X HB as she sits now.
DSC00764.jpg

It really likes Wolf match ammo. I had a six shot 100yd group no bigger than a nickle (unfortunately no photo proof of it)
DSC00753-1.jpg

But shoot Remington Target by Eley well too.
DSC00754-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81STFACP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keith,

What configuration will you finish yours as, a silhouette gun, a tactical trainer, a bench gun, or simply leave it the way it is and shoot prone matches with it?

Let us know how yours shoots. </div></div>

Hi Nez,
I really haven't decided yet. I am leaning toward refinishing the stock, scope it, and shoot it. I really don't want to get into the expense of rebarreling, restocking, etc.

It will probably be a bench gun.

AlabamaShooter.....nice pics and results. Thanks for posting them. I figured on starting with Wolf in mine also.

Keith