• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any range reports on the LWRC REPER??

Re: Any range reports on the LWRC REPER??

There's quite a few reviews on this site. Some guys had really good success (KYshooter338, I believe). Others, not so much (dtac?). I think it really depends on what your expectations are of the platform.

The production pressures on LWRC are insane right now, and that tells me that QC is going to have to be very very attentive to the rifles that are leaving the factory. LWRC has had pretty solid customer service for the rifles that were not functioning properly. I like the LWRC piston system more than the POF system, incidentally.

One more caveat, when reading the reviews here on the Hide, realize that a lot of us have really high expectations of these platforms. 99% of people would probably shoot these rifles 40-60 rounds per year and be perfectly happy. Still, a lot of dudes here use them downrange, in competitions, and have had their hands on dozens of precision rifles. Their opinions reflect that experience. Search around on these forums and you'll see both positive and negative reactions to their REPRs.

My opinion is that the REPR is a bit too rich for my blood. I don't like to buy the first edition/1.0 version of rifles either. I prefer to wait and see the bugs get worked out and THEN buy the guns. That's just how I like to do it.

Re: Any range reports on the LWRC REPER??

200 rounds--1 malfunction caused because *I* didn't seat the magazine all the way (first round of the day).

Gun shoots between .8 and 1 MOA with everything I've tried.

Fit/Finish are superb. Side charging handle ruins you for ARs--its that good.

Problems reported from others:
1) Lube from factory is too thick--clean the rifle thoroughly and re-lube before firing.
2) The rifle is finicky with mags. Only use C-Product and SR25 magazines--that's all I use and my rifle runs great.
3) Manually cycle rifle about 100 times before shooting--I did this, and it runs great.
4) Gas regulators stick--mine sticks--I use a special wrench to move it (no big deal).

If you are going to a suppressed AR platform, LWRC is the way to go. If you aren't going to suppress, then a good DI system will probably be marginally more accurate.

Steve