• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any ranges near Fort Hood?

Bonjourjr

SFC
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2011
Kansas City, MO
I am going to be tdy off and on at fort hood and want to know if there is any ranges in the area or within reasonable driving distance. I was stationed there from 04-10 and really only used the pistol ranges but I can even remember where those are at.

I am really hoping there are some that are longer than 100yds.

Thanks

Replying to my own thread here but this is what I found so far. It’s not looking good. I figured there would be more ranges in TX. I guess just not in the fort hood area.

Austin gun club
They have long range rifle but it’s $80/month membership plus onetime fees of $520!!! I dont think they have competitions though

temple gun club
Have 300yd range I think. Cost $100/year plus onetime $25 fee. They have some competitions Highpower and pistol stuff

Belton gun club
$150/year plus onetime $250 fee. Have 300yd range and some highpower and pistol comps.

i am really looking for something that won’t break the bank but allow me to shoot rifles at longer distances.

I might just bite the bullet and sign up to Austin’s gun club as they have the longes ranges for rifle. Hmm.

You don't get to shoot beyond 200 yds. often at the Austin Rifle Club. Their monthly high-power match is all at 200 yds., the last I heard. That range is in Manor, TX. The Austin Gun Club is not in Austin, and it has longer range shooting. It is south of Lampasas, so it is much closer to Fort Hood. Then there's the range west of Burnet, but I can't remember its name right now. I ran the high-power matches in Temple (matches then were out to 300 yds., with max range of 450 just inside the fence). You can Google Temple Gun Club and see what they are doing since I left 5 yrs. ago.

Reactions: Bonjourjr
Hicksville gun range in gatesville. They used to go out to 500-600 but it's been a few years.

We used to go out there and blow up cars.

Reactions: Bonjourjr