• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any real benefits to 6mm SLR?

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
I know the 6mm debate has been going on for a LOOONG time and my head spins anytime i try to research anything 6mm. It seems anytime i find information its either contradicted by another source, or there are more people talking about other wildcat options than the one i am actually reasearching.

Steel gun, plinking, only minimal competition. I will be doing my own barrel work so barrel life is only a mild concern but i would like more than 2,000 rounds.

wanting to push the 115 dtacs as fast as possible from a short action w/ ai mags. Also want it to run 105 amax's.

what barrel twist combo? which 6mm wildcat?

I also dont want to do any fireforming (unless it is REALLY worth it) and dont want to modify my mags since they are used in my .308 as well.

Re: Any real benefits to 6mm SLR?

6cm is gaining in popularity but you have the fireforming. I am running a 7 twist in mine but the next tube will be 7.5 the 6 really shines in the wind and how flat it will get there. Some complain on barrel life but 2000 is easily achievable and barrels are wear parts that get replaced anyways.

I am interested in this as well. Looking forward to responses on the 6slr and how it compares to 6xc or the 6x47 and what guys are running in a competition rifles

I ended up going with the 6SLR my reasoning was the 30 degree shoulder and the longer neck. I can load the 115's out to 2.9+ in the Arctic mags. I just ran a bunch of brass (243) through a Fl sizer die and its ready to go. Now if Mark @ Short Action Customs can get that super whiz bang barrel Bartlien has hidden away we might get to shoot this thing sometime this summer. Robert Whitley over @ 6mmar.com has the dies, reamers and info on this round. I'm sure you'd be happy with any of the rounds in this catagorey 6cm,6-6.5x47,6xc I also hear they are doing the 6.5 Creedmore and necking it down to 6mm another very interesting round as well. Good luck, Kenny