• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any reason to use 6mil/20moa mount with ZCO 4-20x50 6.5 Creedmoor and 20" barrel?

CeeTee556

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2020
I'm mounting a ZCO 4-20x50 on an LMT MWS in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 20" barrel. Ballistics charts are showing 19.3 mils of drop at 1600 yards and the scope has 35 mils of elevation adjustment. Would there be any reason to get a 6mil/20moa mount given that I've got so much elevation adjustment on the scope? Seems like a no brainer and I should go with a 0mil/0moa mount but I'm new to long distance shooting so figured I'd ask the experts.

Thanks!

Reactions: CSTactical
I'm mounting a ZCO 4-20x50 on an LMT MWS in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 20" barrel. Ballistics charts are showing 19.3 mils of drop at 1600 yards and the scope has 35 mils of elevation adjustment. Would there be any reason to get a 6mil/20moa mount given that I've got so much elevation adjustment on the scope? Seems like a no brainer and I should go with a 0mil/0moa mount but I'm new to long distance shooting so figured I'd ask the experts.

Thanks!

I'd go with 6mil/20MOA of cant since you'll have no problem achieving a 100 yard zero yet have enough elevation leftover for extended distances.

Thanks!

6.5CM I would. I ran a 20moa Spuhr mount on a 20 MOA Impact 6.5CM and Khales 624. Enabled me to use the full range of my elecation ie 100 yard zero Only left me maybe 1 Mil down left and was able to deal “almost” to a mile. Within a Mil or 2 depending on DA etc

Last edited:
Reactions: CeeTee556
You realise you won't get to 1600 without significant holdover if you don't, even with 20MOA you will have to hold over?

Just to achieve 100 yard zero you will be about 4 MIL elevation past the midpoint of the adjustment range only leaving about 13 MIL dialable without a canted base. If you haven't bought a rail yet and you intend shooting to that distance I would go 40 or 60MOA if you intend to shoot that distance. I have a 40 MOA rail to put on my 6.5 with Delta Stryker and will be mounting the scope in a Spuhr with 6 MIL in it.

You only have "so much" elevation if your zero is close to the bottom of the adjustment range. Being able to dial massively low is completely useless.

Last edited: