• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Any recommendations for stock painting?

arjuna70

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2009
Cranston, RI
I recently purchased a Remington LTR and was thinking about having the stock repainted. Does anyone have any recommendations on people who do good work. I haven't done any work to the rifle as yet. Thanks.

Re: Any recommendations for stock painting?

Why not try it yourself? Alot of satisfaction in knowing you did your own work. There is alot of good info on here about painting your own rifle. I was a little reluctant to my my new Remmy, but after hanging around here a little while I took the plunge. Of course I admit it was a little easier to do knowing I was replacing the factory stock. I warn you Krylon is addictive.
This is my very first attempt:
23mknxz.jpg

This is a friends I did for him:
29z3347.jpg

reeljob is right. krylon is addictive, actually, any of the rattle cans are. ive done all my rifles myself.

I agree, Krylon is very easy and mine turned out so well I have had several comment thinking it was done at the factory. Its a washed out pic but I really like the pattern and colors I did.

Rifle2.jpg

Gotta love krylon. The best thing is you can change schemes whenever you want.

Might want to PM 30calsniper. He does very good work.

Just don't be scared and start Spraying> Sometimes it helps to close you eyes on the first one!

Scimitar and Slug. Great guys, great work.

DuraCoat it..... If you decide to do change it, DuraCoat it again... You can go over it without removing the first coat...

I may be bias though.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif