• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any Rem 700 direct mount rings with built-in level?

91Eunozs

The Man (Retired)
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas
    OK, I promise I searched and don’t see this discussed…. Nor can I find anything online.

I just picked up a Zeiss 3-18x50 for my lightweight hunting rifle, and now looking for rings to mount it. It’s going on a Defiance Anti action (not the Anti-X with the machined in rail sections), so a Rem 700 clone. Checked all my favorites, Seekins, Spuhr, NF, etc. Even checked Murphy Precision, but he no longer makes rings.

Tons of options for a rail mount ring, but I’m looking for direct mount.

Leaning towards just getting the Talley rings offered by DefianceMachine, with built-in recoil pins:

DFM_TalleyRingmounts_Web.jpg

Nice piece of kit…. And it’s not a show stopper, but I’ve gotten spoiled with the built-in level on my Spuhr mount.

Anyone know of an option for this? Maybe I can try to fit a NF 4-hole top cap with the bubble on those Talley rings?

41X4GTT1bAS._AC_SX679_.jpg

Sounds like a recipe for disaster though…

Last edited:
    Talley makes a top half with a built in level, but I’d get the Hawkins.