• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Rem model 7 builds out there? Let’s see them!

LJT88

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 16, 2019
    My first center fire rifle I bought back a little over 20 years ago was a 20in 308 SS model 7. It’s been a great rig and I’ve traveled the country and shot a ton of animals with it.

Looking to possibly add a few nicer parts to it. A nicer stock, trigger, maybe barrel….

Let’s see what you guys have

4C4A67A4-1168-4302-9D90-C05CBCE8C3D0.jpeg
    First I wouldn’t do this again with the nice inexpensive actions now available, BUT I had this model 7 in 260 rem with the wood stock and pencil thin barrel that wouldn’t shoot a 1” group! So it was a progressive project to make it shoot better. Long story short, the only original parts left are the action and bolt!
    XLR element stock, Huber trigger, Brux 22” barrel. Shown with TBAC ultra 9 and Kahles 6-24 scope. (I swap scopes and suppressors around based on use.) I use for deer hunting and occasional PRS.) Very accurate btw.

My first center fire rifle I bought back a little over 20 years ago was a 20in 308 SS model 7. It’s been a great rig and I’ve traveled the country and shot a ton of animals with it.

Looking to possibly add a few nicer parts to it. A nicer stock, trigger, maybe barrel….

Let’s see what you guys have

These guys were doing some cool things a while back.

Reactions: LJT88
    View attachment 7915327First I wouldn’t do this again with the nice inexpensive actions now available, BUT I had this model 7 in 260 rem with the wood stock and pencil thin barrel that wouldn’t shoot a 1” group! So it was a progressive project to make it shoot better. Long story short, the only original parts left are the action and bolt!
    XLR element stock, Huber trigger, Brux 22” barrel. Shown with TBAC ultra 9 and Kahles 6-24 scope. (I swap scopes and suppressors around based on use.) I use for deer hunting and occasional PRS.) Very accurate btw.

That is a batshit crazy build ... in a good way. I love it and am jealous.

Last edited: