• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any reviews of TiborasaurusRex's YouTube Vids?

Doyputasos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2012
Southern California
Re: Any reviews of TiborasaurusRex's YouTube Vids?

Sorry I am just a novice rifleman myself. I have enjoyed TiborasaurusRex videos a great deal. The price is very hard to beat too. I don't have plans on shooting "extreme long range" (1000-1700 meters)which much of his tutorial is focused on. I found his sections on barrel harmonics and vibration fascinating. The series is geared towards beginners and it's a very solid effort. Well worth my time at least.

I am in the process of watching some of his videos not bad so far

This guy inspired me to get into long range shooting! He is also extremely helpful and knowledgeable outside of the videos; sent him a few PMs via Youtube and he responded very quickly with input and recommendations. Dude spent a ton of time and effort on this for what is likely a very minimal return on investment, so please spread the word about him and subscribe to his channel!

This guy inspired me to get into long range shooting! He is also extremely helpful and knowledgeable outside of the videos; sent him a few PMs via Youtube and he responded very quickly with input and recommendations. Dude spent a ton of time and effort on this for what is likely a very minimal return on investment, so please spread the word about him and subscribe to his channel!

That is cool man! Always good to see when someone is willing to help out.

Reactions: GJ0
did ya see his review of the scopes? looks like he spent alot of time in researching them

I found the Sniper 101 videos a few weeks ago too, and have now viewed about 2/3 of them. I also think they are pretty good, and for the price, excellent. He goes into much more detail than either of the two long range courses I've participated in. In my opinion, with the videos so far, he's established a sound basis of understanding for the shooter to develop dope for his rifle, with a good dose of information on which factors are the most important.

It will be interesting to see how TiborasaurusRex proceeds with future videos in terms of load development/reloading and field test firing/chronographing, etc. to fully establich one's dope for a rifle.

I'm also interested in what more experienced shooters think about his video series.

Even many experienced shooters don't go into the intricate details this guy has ventured into. Some do, but the majority don't. The videos are gold in my book. It does seem a little slow at first, but that's because he sets the ground work of every subject and builds upon it. For the short legnth of time each tutorial lasts, you will be hard pressed to find anything else as good.
I was impressed with Magpul's precision rifle DVD, but this blows it out of the water when it comes to gaining a better knowledge of long range shooting.

Tag for future reference.
Looks interesting, however having trouble subscribing

I was interested what others might have thought of his information also... He tells it like he sees it, and he will note if the information is controversial.

Last edited:
He sets a sound basis for making decisions. Has good rationale behind his thought process. Great group of videos, a lot of knowledge that he is more than willing to share.

Learned a lot from his videos too. I think he knows what he is doing and has some amazing shots on video to back it up

Im about 25 videos into his series. Defintaly a super smart dude and very thorough. has a wealth of knowlege and makes it very easy for a new shooter to understand.

one thing that Im seeing a lack of though up to this point is a lack of emphasis on the shooter and shooting techniques. He has spent the entire time touching on equipment and ballistics so far. He stated the number one piece of equipment to shoot well is the shooter, but he hasnt touched on that part of the system yet.

Im about 25 videos into his series. Defintaly a super smart dude and very thorough. has a wealth of knowlege and makes it very easy for a new shooter to understand.

one thing that Im seeing a lack of though up to this point is a lack of emphasis on the shooter and shooting techniques. He has spent the entire time touching on equipment and ballistics so far. He stated the number one piece of equipment to shoot well is the shooter, but he hasnt touched on that part of the system yet.

Could be he feels that there are enough videos on shooting technique or that videos can't replace live training when it comes to technique. So far what he has covered at least equipment wise would be difficult to cover in a live class without it taking too much time from the shooting part of a class.

Rex is one cool dude. I've contacted him several times and he has generously sent me advice back. He's the reason I got into LR shooting and found this rewarding hobby. His vids are packed full of terrific information.

I know him well. Great guy and very smart.When he does something he does it well. He will answer any and all of your questions. I'm not on SH often but have gotten a ton of info from this great sight. Also I've bought 2 USO's from great members of SH. Part 12 has my custom Rem (desert tan) and one of the USO'S I got from the SH optics section. Keep watching & pass it on. Thanks

Last edited:
The only suggestion I would make to TiRex is to reduce the intro time some on his videos. One (of many) things that the RO videos have is very concise/quick intros, with no wasted time. You notice the (at least to me) lost time in the TiRex videos when you watch several in succession. Not a big criticism, just something to think about. Might save some production time as well. Overall, however, I love TiRex's video series.

The only suggestion I would make to TiRex is to reduce the intro time some on his videos. One (of many) things that the RO videos have is very concise/quick intros, with no wasted time. You notice the (at least to me) lost time in the TiRex videos when you watch several in succession. Not a big criticism, just something to think about. Might save some production time as well. Overall, however, I love TiRex's video series.

Just bump it up and skip the intro. I too think Rex is a super guy and enjoy his information to the max. Great service. Would love to have the opportunity to shoot LR with him.

rifle selection

Great vid on rifle selection. Rex is way too cool. Lots of super accurate info. Nice Desert Tan stick.

I know him well. Great guy and very smart.When he does something he does it well. He will answer any and all of your questions. I'm not on SH often but have gotten a ton of info from this great sight. Also I've bought 2 USO's from great members of SH. Part 12 has my custom Rem (desert tan) and one of the USO'S I got from the SH optics section. Keep watching & pass it on. Thanks

Reactions: Speedarino
Watched all of Rex's shooting vids. Great wealth of info. I consider Rex and LoneWolf as a gift to the new marksman wanta' be.

I really enjoy his videos and think he does a great job explaining at an understandable level. He definitely comes across as a very intelligent guy and shoots well.

Thanks, The rifle is a custom Rem built by Nathan from straightshotgunsmithing.com. Does awesome work. I just picked up a M5 mag assembly from stockys. Gonna have him inlet it next week. Seems to be a quality upgrade. Got it with a ten round aics mag for $269 & got two 5 round aics mags from midway. Rex should have more free time coming up, hopefully vids will be out quicker. Hes' done my charts for me using his system which work perfectly so I'm waiting on that Video also. Even though we talk often we just never get on the subject of his chart system. Really I need to get off my ass and figure it out for myself.
Great vid on rifle selection. Rex is way too cool. Lots of super accurate info. Nice Desert Tan stick.

I saw them, but haven't really watched any of them. I think I might give em a shot, since I waste a lot of time on the introwebonet anyhow! The only issue I have with YouTube is the validity of any video there and by that I mean, does a guy really know what he's doing or is it some dude posting video's with no credibility. Sounds like most are impressed. I have been wondering about the SH training videos and have contemplated signing up for the online training or purchasing of the training videos. With that I ask if anybody has bought/watched em and what they may think of them. I'm not even 100% certain that the online training part is still available. Mostly because I haven't looked since the new site update.

I saw them, but haven't really watched any of them. I think I might give em a shot, since I waste a lot of time on the introwebonet anyhow! The only issue I have with YouTube is the validity of any video there and by that I mean, does a guy really know what he's doing or is it some dude posting video's with no credibility. Sounds like most are impressed.

What I like about his video series (other than the abundance of information) is that he is non-biased about lot of things. He has preferences, to be sure, but he won't insist that you have to buy a Schmidt and Bender scope or Surgeon rifle if you want to shoot over 1000 yards. Great information without being too pushy on one brand or practice.

What I like about his video series (other than the abundance of information) is that he is non-biased about lot of things. He has preferences, to be sure, but he won't insist that you have to buy a Schmidt and Bender scope or Surgeon rifle if you want to shoot over 1000 yards. Great information without being too pushy on one brand or practice.

Definitely have to agree there. While he praises the things that are too notch, he is reasonable about what is out there that could be considered "just fine" for most anyone to use.

Well I watched one so far. The 1st one is alright I guess. 1st 4 minutes were intro I think. I'll give em some more viewing before deciding to be fair. In the mean time I'll see what else I can find. Bought the 1st dvd from rifles only, so we'll see how that goes. I've also viewed some of the SH YouTube videos. Lot of good info there too.

I have a really tough time getting through his intro's they are way too long for sure, and the random nature of it gives me pause, not to mention the techniques demonstrated.

Here is a example of the lessons I was putting out a few years ago, these have now been replaced by new lessons, updated material. Still the style remains consistent, as I am less worried showing off my shooting as I am about giving out solid information.

<!--[if IE]><object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-90f8c63a" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/90f8c63a/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=42482081&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-90f8c63a"><video id="viddlerVideo-90f8c63a" src="//www.viddler.com/file/90f8c63a/html5mobile?openURL=42482081" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/90f8c63a/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-90f8c63a" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/simple/90f8c63a/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/90f8c63a/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=42482081&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-90f8c63a"> <video id="viddlerVideo-90f8c63a" src="//www.viddler.com/file/90f8c63a/html5mobile?openURL=42482081" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/90f8c63a/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE]><object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-e4eb741c" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/e4eb741c/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=70072868&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-e4eb741c"><video id="viddlerVideo-e4eb741c" src="//www.viddler.com/file/e4eb741c/html5mobile?openURL=70072868" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/e4eb741c/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-e4eb741c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/simple/e4eb741c/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/e4eb741c/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=70072868&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-e4eb741c"> <video id="viddlerVideo-e4eb741c" src="//www.viddler.com/file/e4eb741c/html5mobile?openURL=70072868" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/e4eb741c/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

<!--[if IE]><object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-104ca8b8" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/104ca8b8/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=81082675&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-104ca8b8"><video id="viddlerVideo-104ca8b8" src="//www.viddler.com/file/104ca8b8/html5mobile?openURL=81082675" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/104ca8b8/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="741" height="437" id="viddlerOuter-104ca8b8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/simple/104ca8b8/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/simple/104ca8b8/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=81082675&autoplay=f&loop=0&nologo=0&hd=1"><object id="viddlerInner-104ca8b8"> <video id="viddlerVideo-104ca8b8" src="//www.viddler.com/file/104ca8b8/html5mobile?openURL=81082675" type="video/mp4" width="741" height="417" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/104ca8b8/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

A new trailer posted today:

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z6zGwyiMxso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Put aside the intro, shot videos, and other things that maybe could be improved upon. What do you think of the technical data presented? I do enjoy your videos lowlight, Thanks.

Last edited:
I watch them; I feel as if I have learned a lot from them. Besides, even if you don't use exactly what he says, it is still another tool for your toolbox.

i enjoy them. Some are more in depth than I think I need to know. I would like to see more basics since I am pretty new.

22 hours of content. Yes, some of it is redundant. But I have not seen an internet video series that compares...for the price. Interesting dude that can shred a guitar too.

I've found these videos to be extremely informative and fun to watch, intros are a bit redundant but not a huge deal for free information of this caliber - no pun intended. I'm not sure what Rex's background is in mathematics or science but it refreshing to see someone that understands and can explain, in detail, the physics of projectile motion. Anybody that would take that amount of time to share information that likely took years of experience and thousands of dollars to aquire must be a pretty good guy.

I have watched all of them and am thankful for the information and his time. Its easy to nit pick anything but it takes some confidence and dedication to continue with what is what 52 or 53 videos and has never tried to sell anything or has bragged on his skill. That is not to imply that Lowlight has either as I have nothing negative to say about anything I have watched or read even though I am paying for it. Kudos to both.

Rex answered any questions I had as well and also has several other cool series not shooter related and I find him to be very rational and level headed when reasoning even saying that he is thought of as being a scope snob so I have not seen him pull any punches on himself either or editing it out entirely. He is very disarming with his presentation and if it gets more people out and shooting I am for it.

One thing I love is that while he has some very..... how can we say it..... interesting views on topics other than shooting. He keeps that out of his shooting videos. Im very happy that he is getting into his charting system now looks interesting.

Is the consensus, from experienced shooters, that the information provided is accurate?

Most of the comments seem to say people like the videos, but do not make specific comment on if the information is correct. To my novice eyes/ears, they appear to be correct, but I am quite green.

I agree his videos are spot on with equipement but per tonmarchellis post shooting technique is not something learned on a video. a video can teach a standard stance for body position but it takes time behind a scope and finding out your comfot zone. i know people who shoot more accurately kneeling than prone cuz they are more comfortable doing so. its just preference and comfort zone. The one i would like to see more from rex is more in depth ballistics instead of an intro and "brush up" there is so much to learn on ballistics, its taken litz how may years to get where he's at.? Good shit though

Snipers hide is a great asset to us, but it is good to get info from another, different source.

There ARE many ways to approach things. TiRex certainly has a different (NOT wrong) approach than is typical of the hide.

Be aware a key difference is the hide is largely about higher-speed multiple target engagement shooting, while TiRex focuses more on making "THE" shot.

He would be a good addition to the Hide. This site has a broad range of information and anyone with this amount of patience, interest and passion for the sport can only benefit the Hide.......he would probably learn a few things himself. We are a collective ranging from beginners(like myself) to professionals. Much of the information here varies in preference introducing shooters to new methods, styles and techniques helping them choose what suits them best by learning, practicing, applying then finally choosing. TRex would only make the Hide better.

Reactions: Smith1175
I agree his videos are spot on with equipement but per tonmarchellis post shooting technique is not something learned on a video. a video can teach a standard stance for body position but it takes time behind a scope and finding out your comfot zone. i know people who shoot more accurately kneeling than prone cuz they are more comfortable doing so. its just preference and comfort zone. The one i would like to see more from rex is more in depth ballistics instead of an intro and "brush up" there is so much to learn on ballistics, its taken litz how may years to get where he's at.? Good shit though

Im confused by this. It sounds like your saying the only way for one to become good at something is to go out and do it. While I agree that the only way one can become better at this sport is to go out and shoot. If a person just goes out and "wings it" and learns themselves, they would probably cement in bad habits that would not be apparent at short distances but show themselves at the greater ranges. The term "practice makes perfect" is no longer correct with stuff like this. "perfect practice makes perfect" is more accurate and a better approach to learning how to shoot or refining your shooting process.

In our hobby we learn about our equipment by watching videos and reading reviews from people who have more experience than us. Why on earth wouldn't we take these same people's advice when it comes to basic fundamentals of shooting? whether its a new shooter who wants to start with proper technique or a more experienced shooter who shoots well but wishes to refine his technique. Instructional videos like this series and the one Lowlight puts out are indispensable in my opinion to becoming an accurate and repeatable shooter.

good videos indeed! Will be subscribing soon.

Does TiborasaurusRex have a website. These are great video's. I have seen where there has been references to subscribing but I have been unable to locate a web location. Any help would be appreciated.