• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any reviews on tac sol 10/22 barrels?

Re: Any reviews on tac sol 10/22 barrels?

I ran one a few years back. No linger have it but it wasn't bad but feel that there overpriced.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrowslinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thinking about picking one up - I <span style="color: #FF0000">hear</span> mixed reviews<span style="color: #FF0000">.</span>
Thanks </div></div>

I have a Tactical Solutions 16" fluted non-threaded barrel on my 10/22 and love it. It can hold 1moa at 100yds with Wolf Match Target and SK Standard Plus ammo with sub-moa groups every now and again. The only thing I wish I had done before is sprung for the threaded end as now I want a can on it.

My 10/22 is not bedded, the barrel/receiver are not threaded, and the bolt is stock without pinning the firing pin. Add to it that I'm not a particularly good shot and that 1moa means a helluva lot more to me.

I have a Tac Sol full build. It shoots great. Sub half inch at 50 yards with Wolf match ammo. I haven't shot it at 100 yards yet. I hope this helps.

Eddie

Thanks for the info guys
Has anyone heard of the bolt wearing out the back of the barrel where it's aluminum?

I had really good luck with one of their SBX barrels. It made the rifle extremely handy and had no trouble staying well under an inch at 50 yards.

Built my daughter a 10/22 from parts I had laying around and put a Tac-sol 16" fluted/threaded barrel on it. It has performed very well.

We had one a few months ago. It was a VERY light barrel, but it didn't shoot all that well. Good enough for hunting or offhand shooting, but .75-1" 10-shot groups at 50 yards isn't acceptable for a target rifle. Some people get good ones, however I think if I ever have another 10/22 (which I won't) that it'll either have a Green Mountain or Shilen Barrel.