• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any runners in the hide?

Carrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2019
Just curious how many runners are out there. I've been running for about a year now. Currently doing 15 to 20 miles per week.

giphy.gif

Lifelong runner, working my way back after a non running related knee injury. Up to about 15 a week now. Prefer trail runs, but about a 50/50 mix of treadmill (bleh) and trail right now.

Present...

Last significant distance I did was Chicago Marathon in 2011; raced a 4 Miler a couple years ago but other than that its 8-9min/mi maintenance runs for 10-20mi/wk.

Reactions: Carrick
I’ve been running for about 4 years. Mileage varies with the season. Just ran the Illinois marathon at the end of last month.
I’ve been trying to work up to a half marathon, don’t know about the full thing!!!

Lifelong runner here too. Spent some time racing but now just mainly run for fun.
Great way to get and stay fit.
Have a nice 10k loop on the trails in my neighborhood I try to hit up daily.

Reactions: Estes640
I run 10k 3 to 4 times a week. Throw in some hill climbs as well. And I do 10 to 12 races every year. Currently training for a half marathon in September.

I generally only run when something bad is chasing me anymore.
Mainly prefer kayak and swimming over running although I haven't been able to do as much swimming since I moved to Colorado.

I hate the boredom of running, but I really need to get back into it for my next career. I just need to get off my ass and do 10-15 miles a week on top of my weight training and other agility shit and I'll be good.

*sigh*

I've run in the past to help build endurance for another sport. I really want to be running right now, but I currently can't due to an ankle injury. Waiting for it to heal, concerned it might be a while though.

i'm mid 40's and a friend of mine tells me too much running hurt's testosterone levels when your this age, he says just weight train and no cardio, anybody else think this way?

Longtime competitive runner. 20+ marathons and a half a dozen or so ultras. People talk about the boredom, but its an opportunity to step away and zone out for a bit. Usually listen to podcasts that way. Gives you a chance to see things (on a trail) that a lot of other people wouldn't see. I've hurdled a rattlesnake and backed away from a black bear on trail runs.

Signed up for a 30mi trail race 10hr cutoff so I guess I could just walk it if need be.

Its like crack. You'll finish, swear you'll never do it again, then start looking for another a few weeks later.

I do about 15-20 a week....but I'm either going to have to lose weight or start walking\jogging because the stress fractures are fucking me up.

Might air up my bike tires.

Bench

I run to stay in shape for my National Guard APFT. I run a little over four miles three times a week and depending on my weekend schedule I try to get some sprints in. Last summer I was doing eight quarter mile sprints with a 200m walk and a 200m jog in between sprints.

Just curious how many runners are out there. I've been running for about a year now. Currently doing 15 to 20 miles per week.
I ran hard for 32 years started as a little twerp through college into my my early 40's. Loved it all, but my knees are gone I went to swimming. One word of advice is to run off pavement as much as possible it will save your joints. I didn't discover that til later in life wish I'd of done more of it younger. Trails that are clear of trip hazards obviously or known safe turf/field/side roads, but something soft to cushion the joints!

I ran cross country in College. Replace your shoes often and step your training.

I use to but knees will not allow it now.

Station in AZ, my buddy got me into road racing and he introduced me to track work to build leg speed. Run 100s, 200s, 300s and 400s at 7/8 speed two times a week for 4 weeks on a track. I was amazed at my split times.

Still nothing like trail running in the hills. I ran out and back timed, 30 mins out turn.

Will agree on the shoes, buy quality and often. They break down quick.

good luck

Reactions: Tinker054559
Used to be fairly competitive runner/cyclist/triathlete - 9 marathon finishes and 2 Ironman finishes for my long stuff. Then I had to get two separate ablations for a-fib/a-flutter (yes, had both at the same time). Now I just try to get out at least once or twice a week when I can.

I was a USATF certified coach for a while as well. Coached groups and individuals as a spare-time thing. Now? I help my son who is a junior in high school, and number 1 (or 2 depending on the day) on his x-country/track team. Living my old fast times through him now. :p

I have read a study awhile back that there is a correlation with endurance high intensity exercise and arrhythmias.

Yup. Especially long term athletes. I've been doing some sort of endurance activity since high school. Add to that, both my father and uncle (his brother) have a-fib and I got double whammied! The two ablations were by the time I was 40. Luckily, any sort of arrhythmia I have now is mild at best. So much so, that my cardiologist took me off meds and I only take some if things are whonky (rarely).

But I'm not going to ripping off any more 18 minute 5ks anytime soon. :p

Reactions: HogsLife
Check. I’ve been running 15-20 a week. Like trails the best but not a convenient daily run. Most the time I drop the kiddos off at karate and run 3.5-4.5 miles while their at practice. Ran a 10k a few months back and training for a 1/2 marathon coming up in December.

I have been running for 37 years. I still run about 30 miles a week but ramp up if I am training for a long distance run. Several marathons, 1/2 and a couple of Army 10 milers.

I like to run time allowing...... my job keeps me busy but still try and hit gym minimum 4 times a week. Being in ND
It’s inside at the local Wellness Center on a tread mill but better then nothing.
Some days just do weights and sometimes both. Used to do half marathons and Tough Mudder style events. Wish I had more free time because I really like to stay fit. Make you feel good and nothing for me really replaces that feeling.