• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any scope recommendations for a IPSC Mini-rifle ?

hexades1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2005
Finland
What scope would you recommend for an open class IPSC Mini-rifle ? The rifle is a 10/22T dressed up in a Archangel Nomad stock wit Power Custom trigger parts. Pricewise I would like to stay below 300 USD.

Would a Primary Arms 1-6X24 scope work ?

I watched a video and read the regs. Looks like fun, sorta 3-gun style w .22s. A decent red dot looks like it'd be fine on any of the targets I saw. Or just drop a Bushnell Banner 1-4x with the Circle Dot reticle on it for about $75. If ya wanna use up more of the $300 you could get one of the Bushnell AR Optics...

Shooting distances are 5-120 meters (max distance is set in the rules). Targets are typically IPSC Mini-targets which are 12" X 17" (WxH) with the best scoring A area measuring only aprx. 4"X 8" (WxH). Also regular IPSC-targets can be used if the Range Master chooses to use them.

Lead bulleted 22lr is the only allowed ammunition with no minimum power factor.

I know that for targets like these mini-targets I need some magnification. For the close range targets a 1X magnification and/or red dot would work well.

Now my question is what kind of scopes people use and recommend for this kind of shooting ? A 1-6X24 Z6i Swarovski is not an option for me and an affordable optic would be preferable. A Burris 1-4X MTAC is about max for my funds but it´s parallax is fixed at 100 yds and I am not sure whether it would work well for 22Lr and close-in shots.

hex, look at the nikon buckmasters
cheap price, but good glass an some models have side focus parallax
my 6x18SF works great from 56yd to 300 yd
an for 3 years the clicks adj. is still on the money
they make (think)3x9. 4x12, or 4x14, 6x18
all in the $300.00 range
not sure if you need that much power, but always nice to have on longer distance target
also is this a timed match, or score only
maybe a small red dot up top for close work
i have seen some gents run a red dot pretty fast out to 50plus yards. at the 3 gun match

Last edited:
How much are you going to be changing the parallax setting in a timed match?

I would think the Burris MTAC would work well.

Of if Open and can run two optics, get the MTAC plus FastFire setup. Red Dot for close in, MTAC for longer range.

Talk the guys and Sport Optics. They not only have a lot of good info, they will give you a nice Sniper's Hide discount.

What scope would you recommend for an open class IPSC Mini-rifle ? The rifle is a 10/22T dressed up in a Archangel Nomad stock wit Power Custom trigger parts. Pricewise I would like to stay below 300 USD.

Would a Primary Arms 1-6X24 scope work ?

If your scope is a true 1x it will work

We prefer the SW 15/ 22, it runs flawlessly on any .22LR. I was using an Eotech 512 but now I am using a True Glow Red Dot 40MM. The hologram is very similar to the Eotech 512.