• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any shooters in Sussex, NJ or Orange County, NY?

Jeeprider

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2010
PA
New to the area and looking for good people to go shooting with in the Sussex, NJ or Orange County, NY area.

Re: Any shooters in Sussex, NJ or Orange County, NY?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT1112</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there any 1000m ranges in orange county new york? </div></div>

No

i hear there is one up near Albany but mainly frequented by F-Class brigade

I know it's a hump, but several shooters come down to Bridgeville R&RP club in Delaware to shoot. Both Across-the-course and F-class at 600.

Good luck

Jerry

The only thing I know of in Orange County N.Y. is Davis has a indoor range that I have shoot My 308 at.
The best thing is to become a member of the Cherry Ridge Rifle club as I am , In franklin N.J.just off Canister road. It is a great place and big. A person can shoot at 50 to 300 yards. All day,sun up to sun down. It can be found on the Web.

Try the Cherry Ridge Rifle club in Franklin N.J. just off rt 23 and canister road. All info can be found on the Web.
I am a member and can tell You it is great.
At this place You can meet some good people, As I have.
You can shoot anything from 22 to 50 bmg.

The sign says Franklin , But town borders could Be any were up there. It does seem Like it is Highland lakes.It is about 3 miles down Canister road , Off of rt-23 Has a big sign out side , On canister rd. I will be going again tomorrow for the swap meet, And to shoot .

The address is Highland lakes. It's a decent club, with a good membership. The long range is 300 yards. I like it because it's clean and very well organized. I recommend giving it a try. This being NJ it does get crowded because there's not many places to shoot around here

The one in albany is:

http://www.forbesrifleandpistolclub.org/

They do out to 1000 yards, but only on specific days.

The other one that may be closer, but less frequent is the F-Class shoot at Camp Smith nr Peekskill, NY. They shoot 600 yards there and non F-Class shooters can go along and shoot after helping with targets, etc. The Rockland county shooters run that meet up and they go about once a month on a Sunday during the Spring-Fall season, not sure why they haven't posted this years schedule yet:

http://www.nyhighpower.com/matchs.html

Of course if you are near the river, the other place that is more regular is the County run Blue Mountain Sportsman center in Westchester (nr Peekskill):
http://parks.westchestergov.com/index.ph...amp;Itemid=4554

Open Thurs-Sun, rifles at 100 & 200 yards, pistol range, skeet, small bore, etc if that is not to far for you.

nuggetman-
I've never heard of Camp Smith, but it's pretty close to me. Have you been there? Is it a regular open range or just open for competitions and shooting after those as you mentioned? Thanks, any info would be great.

Camp Smith is a national guard base, as far as I am aware it is just open for shooting on the range during the F-Class matches that the Rockland County Shooters run. Unfortunately these are about once a month during fair weather. If you are a military you can use the place, but the rest of us can only go on the designated dates.

I don't see any dates posted yet for shooting there, which is odd as it usually starts around this time. I have not actually shot there yet, but a number of people at my local range have so I will ask around and see if they know when things are starting up there.