• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Any Sightron owners here?

saleen308

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2009
Katy, TX
How do you like them?

I'm in the market for a hunting scope for my 30-06 Howa 1500. I was thinking about one of there S2 Big Sky.

Re: Any Sightron owners here?

I LOVE my SIII 6-24x50 LRMD. Good glass, tracks perfect, what more could I want?

I don't own one but have shoot behind a few and they always have good glass and tracking is spot on. Don't think you will go wrong with one.

The only ones have looked thur have been the SIII models.

I've owned a SIII 6-24x50. It is a good solid scope and for the money you really can't beat them.

I have a big sky in 1.25-5x. I think they are great for the money. Glass comparable to Bushnell 4200, Nikon Monarch, Leupold VX3. When I first got mine I stuck it on my Marlin 45-70 and shot it for 40 really hot loads to see how it held up to recoil. That rifle has broke 2 other scopes a bushnell and a Leupold. The Sightron held up just fine. It now sits on my Marlin .357 mag lever gun and fits it perfectly.

+1. Go with Sightron and you will be happy hunter for sure. I own a SIII 6-24x50mm LRMD and couldnt be happier. Other Sightrons will be purchased in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdh308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1. Go with Sightron and you will be happy hunter for sure. I own a SIII 6-24x50mm LRMD and couldnt be happier. Other Sightrons will be purchased in the future. </div></div>
1+ same here.

I have two. both S-III 6x24x50. one dot on a 22-250 and one mil-dot on 7RM. GREAT value for my money. They're not NF,SB,et al...but the price pt. is right and I don't think you'll be disappointd w/ one. Good luck.

I have the 4-16X42 Big Sky with the dot reticle on my T3 Tikka 30-06, and in my opinion, you would have to spend $300 to $500 more to get the same quality glass. I like them better than my Nikon Monarch. You will not be disappointed with a Sightron, plus they have a lifetime no questions asked replacement policy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weasethis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two. both S-III 6x24x50. one dot on a 22-250 and one mil-dot on 7RM. GREAT value for my money. They're not NF,SB,et al...but the price pt. is right and I don't think you'll be disappointd w/ one. Good luck. </div></div>

They may not be NF,SB or PRs but give them some time. Tactical turrets, FFP, Illumination will put there price point right up with the big boys. Glass is very comparable to NF's and slightly better than the Loopie Mark 4's IMHO.
Oh and dont forget the other two words "FULL WARRANTY" for the life of the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"FULL WARRANTY" for the life of the scope.</div></div>

Full warranty is no joke, either. They will fix the optic, or send you a replacement, no questions asked. I have quite a few of them, an won't hesitate buying another.