• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Any smiths in SoKal area that can recrown a 1911?

USMCj

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2008
Nazzifornia
Looking for a smith in the SoKal area that can recrown a 1911 barrel with a 11 degree crown like in the pic below

JohnSpring6.jpg

Re: Any smiths in SoKal area that can recrown a 1911?

I imagine a good machinist can accomplish what you want without too much effort.

I had a 1911 done by Dane Burns in Washington with a crown like that. It shot as well as my good 1911's and looked cooler doing it.

Respectfully,
Bill

Thanks Bill, I really want to avoid shipping it out to be done. Need someone local.

USMCJ,
Where abouts are you located? There is a place King's gun works in Glendale "i think". There is a guy Dean Wilkerson in Van Nuys. If neither are local i'd try a machinist.

SOTA

Im in Van Nuys, im close to both of them. You have any contact info on Dean Wilkerson?

Nevermind, I just got Deans contact info off of Google.

Thanks!

Re: Any smiths in SoKal area that can recrown a 19

Call Dave's Metal Works in Covina,626-859-0299. He's a great gunsmith and a great guy to do business with.

Here's a photo of the muzzle of a 1911 he built for me.

gray1911muzzle4wp.jpg

Here's the pistol he built.

gray19111cl.jpg