• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any sources for 1F Federal gold Medal brass?

MJY65

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2011
Minnesota
I know it's not the best out there for longevity, but I'm trying to put together a supply of ammo for my JP that matches FGMM performance as closely as possible. The cases get lost and torn up by the extractor pretty quickly anyway, so most won't make it to loose primer status.

I don't really want to spend the money on new brass for this application if there is a source out there. True 1F is what I'm looking for, not machine gun or range scrounger specials. Maybe factory test ammo from some manufacturer? I know Graf's got some Lapua brass like that a few years ago.

Thanks<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/c191e70/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Do what you want but i think you will be much better off in the long fun with other then FC brass to reload. The primer pockets open up very fast. You used to be able to find 1X WIN or REM .308 that should work as well or better.

Last edited:
Look in the Classifieds here on the Hide. LOTS of ads for various brass for sale, including Fed GMM brass.