• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any South Florida rifle ranges of 1,000 yds and longer?

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
Does anyone know if the former prison land in South Florida near Immokalee, the former Altair Training site, now called FORCE Center, is still open? I viewed the Force Center USA website and it doesn't have any dates for training or shooting competitions, and the link for the "Gun Club" is a dead domain.

Are there any other 1,000 yd ranges in southern or central FL? I'm in SW Florida.

Thank you

UPDATE: Thanks to the guys who replied, I now know that JTAC Ranch in Mulberry FL (south of Lakeland), is a 2,000 yd range. And SWFL Range & Gun Club in Immokalee FL (east of Estero) claims about a two mile range.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nachair
UPDATE: Thanks to the guys who replied, I now know that JTAC Ranch in Mulberry FL (south of Lakeland) is a 2,000 yd range.

And SWFL Range & Gun Club in Immokalee FL (east of Estero) claims a two mile range.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
I’m not in FL anymore but I got to visit JTAC for a day in Feb…holy shit was that place awesome. Makes me (almost) wish I still lived in FL. Definitely worth the drive and membership if you’re in FL.

I left FL back when Manatee was 1,000yds and actually a great place. Glad JTAC opened up and is there for FL shooters.

-A Former Florida Man

The Immokolee Range (SWFL Gun) is NOT two miles.
Currently is 1300 yards with arrangements (maybe) for a mile from the connex.
JTAC is 2k yards. Get there early.

REALLY?! Their webpage under "Facilities" clearly states:

Precision Long Range

"The SWFL Range and Gun Club has the ONLY 2-mile rifle range in Southwest Florida. There at 10 custom shooting stands with the ability to fire from the seated or prone position. The Precision Long Range is equipped with both AR500/AR550 steel targets and paper target stands."

REALLY?! Their webpage under "Facilities" clearly states:

Precision Long Range

"The SWFL Range and Gun Club has the ONLY 2-mile rifle range in Southwest Florida. There at 10 custom shooting stands with the ability to fire from the seated or prone position. The Precision Long Range is equipped with both AR500/AR550 steel targets and paper target stands."
Maybe if you aim really high. You will hit something at 2 miles.
:)))

Maybe if you aim really high. You will hit something at 2 miles.
:)))

Translation: You don't know if SWFL Range & Gun Club offers 2 miles like they state on their website... Elsewhere on their site they do say you have to qualify before being allowed on that precision range. ;)

SWFL doesn't have a 2 mile range. The entire range property is 2 miles long and they don't have a backstop/mountain/empty back drop to have the public shoot that far. I'd expect with a special setup and experienced shooters they could do it. They do talk about getting steel back up at a mile but until anything happens I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: lash and Milf Dots
Translation: You don't know if SWFL Range & Gun Club offers 2 miles like they state on their website... Elsewhere on their site they do say you have to qualify before being allowed on that precision range. ;)
Translation.
I am a member there and as of today, they do not have a two mile range.
But, go there and verify.
D.B.A.P, AH.

SWFL doesn't have a 2 mile range. The entire range property is 2 miles long and they don't have a backstop/mountain/empty back drop to have the public shoot that far. I'd expect with a special setup and experienced shooters they could do it. They do talk about getting steel back up at a mile but until anything happens I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

TylerN, thanks for the info.

Translation.
I am a member there and as of today, they do not have a two mile range.
But, go there and verify.
D.B.A.P, AH.

Your second comment should've just read "I am a member there and as of today, they do not have a two mile range"... that would've been a normal adult reply... You got what you gave, now man up and quit whining.

Last edited:
Your second comment should've just read "I am a member there and as of today, they do not have a two mile range"... that would've been a normal adult reply... You got what you gave, now man up and quit whining.
It was a joke. I shoot there regularly, but hadn't been there in a couple of weeks. I checked and left that as a joke.
Go piss somewhere else.
Damn---.

They claim they can shoot to 2000 yards but that takes a metric ton of set up and I don’t think it’s been done in a very long time.

We shoot to 1100 meters in my classes there

Reactions: Milf Dots
Immokalee does NOT have a 2 mile target. Farthest target today is the 1300yrds. They been saying they want to open the mile target but the range has been sold several times over, so no ones done anything about it.

Last edited:
I will be calling tomorrow and if it's true, that would be amazing. no need to drive 4 hours to jtac.
It's 100% true. Mile is open. There's a large white gong out there with good visibility and a smaller red target that is partially obscured by brush.

Also no view on the targets a mile from the connex tower. I hauled my crap up there a few weeks ago only to learn the view at the targets are blocked by brush on the right side of the target.

It's 100% true. Mile is open. There's a large white gong out there with good visibility and a smaller red target that is partially obscured by brush.

Also no view on the targets a mile from the connex tower. I hauled my crap up there a few weeks ago only to learn the view at the targets are blocked by brush on the right side of the target.
@MikeMiller

That sounds a lot like the typical range management I see in Florida regarding long range and ELR access. In general, these ranges get more volume from and are often run by pistol guys, they typically don’t understand long range and ELR and have little personal interest in maintenance and support for these disciplines.

The best thing to do is start showing up, shooting, making your voice heard and for them to see the potential additional income from that aspect. I think that matches and MDs, if allowed, are the impetus to at least minor commitment and acceptance.

That sounds a lot like the typical range management I see in Florida regarding long range and ELR access. In general, these ranges get more volume from and are often run by pistol guys, they typically don’t understand long range and ELR and have little personal interest in maintenance and support for these disciplines.

The best thing to do is start showing up, shooting, making your voice heard and for them to see the potential additional income from that aspect. I think that matches and MDs, if allowed, are the impetus to at least minor commitment and acceptance.
Unfortunately true. The mile wasn't even opened up by the range management. But at least it's finally open.

Reactions: lash
A mile range is very rare but glad they opened it. I spend a lot of time shooting 1000 yards and that’s are darn good test of shooter and equipment. Once you get to
A mile plus your adding in all the things that can change during bullets flight as well

Who opened it then?
I’m guessing some particularly interested shooter(s) who took it upon themselves and provided the work and targets themselves. That’s how it works at a lot of places. See my post from earlier, above.

I’m guessing some particularly interested shooter(s) who took it upon themselves and provided the work and targets themselves. That’s how it works at a lot of places. See my post from earlier, above.
Yeah, I’m a LR member there and had been inquiring with guys who are running it, who were working with another member or few to get it done. Evidently a local gator held things up. Work and travel been preventing me from going. Do you know if members had cameras up ?

Yeah, I’m a LR member there and had been inquiring with guys who are running it, who were working with another member or few to get it done. Evidently a local gator held things up. Work and travel been preventing me from going. Do you know if members had cameras up ?
I do not know. I am not a member nor have I ever been there. I’m pretty much a homebody these days, with little travel for shooting outside of the occasional jaunt to JTAC for some we ELR fun.

Reactions: DustBun
I'd like to know if cameras are already set up there...

Hey taught a class recently at SW Florida Range. They had the mile up and it’s there on the normal long range Pretty good set up. No camera but I was able to get several students to hit it with me calling wind for them
I could only see the top 2/3rds of the very large round from prone at station 10. were you able to see 100%, and if so, from where? I'm heading back soon. Talked to Chris about putting shot indicators out there. Gonna leave them and hope nobody takes them. batteries last for approx 3k shots(?).

71406060794__0D50709C-BB92-4756-AD3E-4C874A88CB75.jpeg

FYI, the range near Immokalee that was SWFL is changing management but will be up and running again soon. The SWFL management group closed down on Sunday and all memberships are cancelled effective December. The new managers are working on getting a website up and running and when I find out more I'll update it here.

Boy that's a surprise LOL, it changes hands so much and then members are left hanging or just screwed. I'm not sure what is going on but there are rumors from "building a race track" to "the Israeli's are coming in to run a special ops training center" so you might as well flip a few coins or get a crystal ball and make your own guess.........

FYI, the range near Immokalee that was SWFL is changing management but will be up and running again soon. The SWFL management group closed down on Sunday and all memberships are cancelled effective December. The new managers are working on getting a website up and running and when I find out more I'll update it here.
Well, that’s either sheer coincidence or a mistaken connection. JTAC did in fact close on Sunday, as was announced and is well known by now. Is there some info posted somewhere on this closing?

thanks for the update I made a reservation an hour ago for friday. lets see if it gets '"cancelled"

thanks for the update I made a reservation an hour ago for friday. lets see if it gets '"cancelled"

It might not, the new team is trying to get things up and running right away and the range didn't go anywhere. I had heard they will be there this weekend to keep things going, that's not solid info but I wouldn't be surprised if your good for Friday.

And from what I've gathered this has no connection to JTAC's closures. The property owner is taking on running range operations directly vs employing a 3rd party operator.