• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Any Strategic Edge (Chapel Hill, TN) members out there?

pga43

Ninja photgrapher
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Old Hickory, TN
www.golfwrx.com
Any Strategic Edge (Chapel Hill, TN) members out there?

I joined SE this past July and because of all my work travel, I'm only able to shoot on Fridays and Saturdays (some weeks Thursday and Sundays work). I'm really new to shooting rifles (about 13 months) and would love to meet up with any members of SE. I feel fairly comfortable out to 500 yards. I have my long range sticker but haven't yet shot over on the LR side.

I have a new MPA 6.5 creedmoor on order and hope to have it early to mid- week, next week. I could really use some help learning more about shooting out to 1000 yards+.

Any member who would like to help out a newbie, please send me a message.

Thx

Greg

Good timing by you, there is a local match out there tomorrow. It's called Aim Small Hit Small and has a bench class (shooting from bench/prone) and a tactical class (positional shooting). It would be a good time to meet some regulars and learn a few things.

Say hello if you can make it. I'm the tallest guy there.

Clay

Reactions: pga43
Good timing by you, there is a local match out there tomorrow. It's called Aim Small Hit Small and has a bench class (shooting from bench/prone) and a tactical class (positional shooting). It would be a good time to meet some regulars and learn a few things.

Say hello if you can make it. I'm the tallest guy there.

Clay

I'll try and make it.

Thx

I shoot at SE about every Sunday on the LR side. Another hide member goes as well...
Let me know when you want to meet up on a Sunday.
Saturday's work too but we'd have to go after the matches and with it getting dark earlier it may be tough to do.

I shoot at SE about every Sunday on the LR side. Another hide member goes as well...
Let me know when you want to meet up on a Sunday.
Saturday's work too but we'd have to go after the matches and with it getting dark earlier it may be tough to do.

Thx, Nov 4th is the 1st Sunday that I will be in town and not traveling.

Greg

I"m heading out there on either this Friday or Saturday, but I'll be mostly on the short range with my 11 yr old and his 6.5 cm.

I"m heading out there on either this Friday or Saturday, but I'll be mostly on the short range with my 11 yr old and his 6.5 cm.

Shoot well and have fun with your son! I was there this past Friday, Saturday & Tuesday. I'm headed to SoCal tomorrow(Friday) to spend Christmas with my mom. I'll be back on the 26th.

Greg

I went last Sunday and may go this Sunday too. I will be at the Titans game Sat.

Have fun with your son and his 6.5... it should be nice weather.

Was out Sunday and yesterday. May go Saturday if we're not hiking in Chattanooga.

Someone has shot the 300y KYL rack to shit. Not sure what they hit it with, but they've broken one plate and two others are missing. 500y KYL is missing the 2.5" plate as well. This happened recently, we need to start policing our own a little better, as guys are clearly doing stupid shit on the short range side.

I bet Tony will be pissed when he sees that the 300 & 500 are torn to shit. I rarely go down to the Short side but sounds a bit like the wild west down there right now. Must have been a some serious ammo to tear up the steel.

Yup, and it's not holes so I doubt it's a 22-250, etc. Had to be solid from an über-magnum. My 230s from the 300WMs do zero damage so it has to be something wicked with a hard ass bullet.

There are holes in the heads of some of the IPSCs and there is steel case 6.5Grendal on the ground. I don't know about this particular case but I bet some asshole is shooting steel core that's just powerful enough to chip off the edges. Just a guess.

Was out Sunday and yesterday. May go Saturday if we're not hiking in Chattanooga.

Someone has shot the 300y KYL rack to shit. Not sure what they hit it with, but they've broken one plate and two others are missing. 500y KYL is missing the 2.5" plate as well. This happened recently, we need to start policing our own a little better, as guys are clearly doing stupid shit on the short range side.

Actually this past Saturday was range day and the 300 yrd KYL was like that except for the smaller plate and it was removed and put on the 500 yard KYL cuz Tony said he would be moving the 500 Yrd KYL to the 300 yard line and replacing the 500 Yrd KYL with a new one. That being said, all the bolts on all the racks thru out the whole range were tightened and the ones where the bolt heads were shot off were replaced.

When I was there on Tuesday there were bolts on 300 yrd KYL that had been shot off already. If Tony catches guys shooting the bolts off he gives them the option of coming out to the next range day and working or they lose their membership. Seems like a high percentage of the shooters on the short range don't really take care of the range. They don't remove their shot up targets or pick up their brass (mostly .556/.223/.22).

It's too bad.

Greg

I agree. I hate picking up brass too, but even with 4 lower back surgeries I do my best to pick up my pistol and 5.56 cases. My ninja shit never hits the ground.

Been on wait list forever!! Love to shoot there but seems like I’ll be waiting forever. tried both veteran and 75+ mile approach. zippo. Likely just going to head to K&M. Bummer is it’s 1.5 hr greater drive. Talladega CMP works for now but wanting to stretch beyond 600 yds.

Stick with it. They only do new members once a year. They pic a certain number to keep membership steady so the ranges don't get over crowded. After accepted, you need to come in for orientation and a long range qualifier.

It hit it just right, and it only took a year. It's worth it.

Been on wait list forever!! Love to shoot there but seems like I’ll be waiting forever. tried both veteran and 75+ mile approach. zippo. Likely just going to head to K&M. Bummer is it’s 1.5 hr greater drive. Talladega CMP works for now but wanting to stretch beyond 600 yds.

Take a couple of Tony's training classes (even if you think you don't need them you'll learn something) and/or come out when there's arange maintence day (usually the 3rd Saturday of the month but check the calendar on the website)cuz that gets your name and face infront of Tony. People who support the range & Tony seem to move up the list quicker.

Greg

Stick with it. They only do new members once a year. They pic a certain number to keep membership steady so the ranges don't get over crowded. After accepted, you need to come in for orientation and a long range qualifier.

It hit it just right, and it only took a year. It's worth it.

Thanks! I have a couple friends who shoot there and recommended it. Patience is a virtue!

Take a couple of Tony's training classes (even if you think you don't need them you'll learn something) and/or come out when there's arange maintence day (usually the 3rd Saturday of the month but check the calendar on the website)cuz that gets your name and face infront of Tony. People who support the range & Tony seem to move up the list quicker.

Greg
I appreciate that! Great idea.

I agree about the brass. However you cannot change STUPID. I make an extra effort to police my area when I am done to make sure I get what is mine. I have worked Range day cleanup a few times. It really makes you respect the range that much more. I am going to suggest he make a mandatory cleanup day 1 time per year for members. The range needs respect. Tony put a lot of time and money into this so we can have a great place to shoot.

Reactions: pga43 and FatBoy
I was there Sunday and if I found who did that to the bathroom the cops probably would have to have come with medics to remove my foot for someone's neck.

I hope Tony addresses the range abuse soon. The KYL racks and steel is shot to shit on the short range. We need to do better to police our own, because guys are ruining it for everyone.

Still a wonderful range, and I appreciate all the effort it takes to maintain it. Those that don't need to go.

Just wanted to revive this thread and see if any members at Strategic Edge would answer a question or two that i have.