• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Any thoughts on Maven RS.1 - 2.5-15x44?

SWWI Shooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2018
I'm considering buying a Maven RS.1 2.5-15x44 due to the price and some features that I like but I haven't held one. Looking to tap into the collective wisdom here. Those that have had that scope or other Maven, please weigh in with your likes and dislikes. I'm looking for thoughts on this scope/ brand as opposed to "buy XYZ instead of Maven" replies. Thanks in advance.

Just recently noticed the brand. They look to have good reviews.
They have been around for quite a while now, they are a direct to consumer model and I think the fact that so many still don't know they exist show some of the shortcomings of that type of model - when no stocking dealer carries the brand, harder to get your name out.

I have been very happy with the quality of their binos - but their scope specs/features have not impressed me enough to take a look, they are OEM'd from Japan and I'd suspect they are very good.

If the RS.1 had an mrad option I'd be inclined to take a look as a competent MPVO option, but I left moa a long time ago and don't care to go back - nothing wrong with moa, just personal preference.

No experience with the scope, but I have their 18x B.5 binos and I have loved them. I took a risk dropping $1500 on binos based on just a handful of reviews but I have never regretted it. The image is stunning.

I bought one. Sold it almost immediately. I wanted to check out the brand and quality. No issue with the glass or function but I just found it to have much more tunneling than I like, even for a hunting optic.
I have sampled the binos as well and was impressed.

Reactions: Glassaholic