• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any thought's on the current colt AR15A4 ?

sparky702

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
Missouri
I think I want a colt AR15AF . Any body have one of the CZ colt rifle's ? If so what are your thought's .

The new ones aren’t really Colts, but are built with outsourced parts if that doesn’t bother you.

To me, there’s a noticeable difference between the legitimate Colts and what they’re doing now.

The new guns are cleaner, but don’t have that same fit/feel/finish that is unique to Colts that commands excellent ROI on resale and collectibility.

I’m not a Colt snob and don’t own any Colt AR-15s, just pointing out things that might be of importance to you.

One turn-off for me is the after-market fake A2 grips that seem like they are made for airsoft. The Mil-Std grips are more substantial, thicker, and have a matte texture to them.

More importantly for function, durability, and longevity is the BCG and barrel.

If you just want something that at a glance looks like an M16A4 and has a laser-engraved (vs roll-marked) Colt logo, these are fine.

I’ve done detailed checking of their new M4s and it’s the same thing.

The new ones aren’t really Colts, but are built with outsourced parts if that doesn’t bother you.

To me, there’s a noticeable difference between the legitimate Colts and what they’re doing now.

The new guns are cleaner, but don’t have that same fit/feel/finish that is unique to Colts that commands excellent ROI on resale and collectibility.

I’m not a Colt snob and don’t own any Colt AR-15s, just pointing out things that might be of importance to you.

One turn-off for me is the after-market fake A2 grips that seem like they are made for airsoft. The Mil-Std grips are more substantial, thicker, and have a matte texture to them.

More importantly for function, durability, and longevity is the BCG and barrel.

If you just want something that at a glance looks like an M16A4 and has a laser-engraved (vs roll-marked) Colt logo, these are fine.

I’ve done detailed checking of their new M4s and it’s the same thing.
Thank you for your reply . I am not concerned with the pistol grip I have plenty here at the house . It seem's every rifle I have has an optic on it except for my mini-14 300 blackout , my henry rifle and ak . I Know I'm weird but I really just want to shoot iron sight's for a change up every now and then . LOL maybe I'm on a nostalgia trip thinking back to the days when our option's were iron sight's or iron sight's .

Reactions: LRRPF52