• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any thoughts on the Scalarworks LEAP 34mm mount 1.57" ?

OldSwatDude

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2020
I am wanting to purchase a Scalarworks LEAP 34mm mount 1.57" for my scope with a 50mm objective. I like the idea of the self leveling screw and the way the rings are hinged. Before I part with $399 of my whiskey money for this mount, I was wonder if anyone had any issues with this particular mount and if the specs and dimensions are true ? I will be mounting it on a semi auto rifle with a full picatinny rail on top. Any clearance issues? Any longevity issues? I do plan on being able to reach out to around 1000 yards on some occasions and wanted to know what some of y'all thoughts were on this? I don't plan on taking the mount on and off too many times so the QD screws are not an issue for me. Is there an alternative with a self leveling system and hinged rings? Have been looking but this seems like the only one out there. Thanks in advance and your patients with my inquiry.
scalarworks-SW0710-scope-mount-diagram.png

I run this mount on my KAC with a Leupold MK 6 1-6. I started with their RMR mount on my MPX and have to say I am very pleased. Like you, I do not use the quick detach much, if at all. That said I have tested and it does return to very close to zero. I know this is not a lot of info if you have any specific requests I will be glad to try and answer.
74C646F7-35F1-408A-8563-9F0A1C03F7E1_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: OldSwatDude
I run this mount on my KAC with a Leupold MK 6 1-6. I started with their RMR mount on my MPX and have to say I am very pleased. Like you, I do not use the quick detach much, if at all. That said I have tested and it does return to very close to zero. I know this is not a lot of info if you have any specific requests I will be glad to try and answer.View attachment 7487287
Nice setup ! Miss my Knights. Any issues with the mount coming loose anywhere? I have run A.R.M.S. and Midwest Industries and have banged my guns around pretty damn good in all kinds of environments. Never needed tweaking, but now that I am retired, I wanted something a little different to keep up with the times. lol.

Reactions: ACard
Nice setup ! Miss my Knights. Any issues with the mount coming loose anywhere? I have run A.R.M.S. and Midwest Industries and have banged my guns around pretty damn good in all kinds of environments. Never needed tweaking, but now that I am retired, I wanted something a little different to keep up with the times. lol.
I take care of my guns but that said they get banged around as well, especially the MPX, it is A PDW and spends a fair amount of time in my Vertx Gamut plus and gets plopped on the floor and kicked around. To date no issues with either of my Scalar mounts loosening up.

Thanks, I really enjoy this little set up, rings steel reliably out to 800 with 77gr Razor core, when I could afford to shoot 5.56...

ETA- If you continue to worry about Scalar, I would also suggest Bobro mounts, I run a coulle of them and they are also good kit. Bobro also offers a decent Mil/Leo discount

Reactions: OldSwatDude
This rifle will be hard cased. Bobro was another one of my choices. I do get a few discounts through a few different sites;) but there are a lot of stuff out of stock or backordered. I know the Scalarworks 34mm probably won't be available until Feb-March from what I was told. Since this is one of my toys, Mega Arms Maten in 6.5 Creedmoor. 24" Criterion barrel, Armalite length gas tube, Odin Works adj gas block, Cryptek gold BCG, silent capture buffer spring, LaRue MBT-2 Flat trigger, 19.5" rail. Fortmeier 12 O'Clock bipod on order. I have so many black guns, a few FDE, OD and a kryptek pattern gun, I just wanted something a little different for this one. I coated this with KG Industries custom titanium blue that I mixed up from some stuff I had left over from the shop. Gives it a little character, the light makes it look really blue here, but it is more gray in the daylight. I am in no real hurry right now so I may wait for the Scalarworks, this rifle took a year to build with the K-Roni closing half the country down. Thanks for your input ACard.
127809768_2737141299932707_4101432841278450022_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ACard
This rifle will be hard cased. Bobro was another one of my choices. I do get a few discounts through a few different sites;) but there are a lot of stuff out of stock or backordered. I know the Scalarworks 34mm probably won't be available until Feb-March from what I was told. Since this is one of my toys, Mega Arms Maten in 6.5 Creedmoor. 24" Criterion barrel, Armalite length gas tube, Odin Works adj gas block, Cryptek gold BCG, silent capture buffer spring, LaRue MBT-2 Flat trigger, 19.5" rail. Fortmeier 12 O'Clock bipod on order. I have so many black guns, a few FDE, OD and a kryptek pattern gun, I just wanted something a little different for this one. I coated this with KG Industries custom titanium blue that I mixed up from some stuff I had left over from the shop. Gives it a little character, the light makes it look really blue here, but it is more gray in the daylight. I am in no real hurry right now so I may wait for the Scalarworks, this rifle took a year to build with the K-Roni closing half the country down. Thanks for your input ACard.
View attachment 7487732
Awesome build, makes me impatient for you to shoot it! :ROFLMAO:

The biggest problem with them is they are always out of stock

Reactions: Marker36
I reached out to them today about restock and mentioned 2 to 3 weeks