• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any Turnkey Brass Preppers on here ?

Twisted .308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Anybody do this on the side as a business ? Take in used brass , clean , size , trim and send back ready to prime and load for fee ? I'm finding I don't have a lot of time or equip , trimmers , etc to prep brass correctly and this would help me greatly to find someone who does this service . thanks !

Odd u should mention that, I'm about two to three months out from being operational. Also going to offer flash hole deburring neck turning. As turn key as it gets.

I can do it but never thought there was a need for this. Anyone interested in this service contact me in a pm and we can work out a fair price that we can all live with. I sonic clean and tumble as well as trim size ect. I do not neck turn but can do everthing else. I already reload for some 18 cal from 22-250, 6.5mm x 284, 308, 30-06, 300 win, 338 lapua to 50 bmg.

i process 5.56 and 300BLK on a Dillon 1050.

stainless tumble
de-prime
swage
size and trim. I size .223/5.56 back to SAAMI spec. Trim to 1.748+- .002
neck expand to .002 neck tension with a 21st Century Shooting mandrel expander
re-tumble in stainless

I do not chamfer and the stainless media seems to de-bur the mouths pretty well.

I could get setup to process .308, but its about 6k rounds of processing to break even on the tool head setup.

Just an update for others thinking of this , gonna be in the area of $70ish dollars less shipping for 500rds to have completely prepped and annealed . For ME , this is a good deal as I don't have annealing equip or have to mess with tumbling , sizing, lubing cases etc...especially if I can hook up with once fired brass on the cheap ? Thanks for the quotes to those that replied look forward to doing business with you soon .........now to hunt down some brass !!!!

Who is doing the prep? Best price I've been quoted so far is $80 per 1,000 plus shipping. I'm looking for someone to fully prep a few thousand pounds of 308 brass for me.

How do u define completely prepped? For me that would mean cleaned decal per annealed, resized, trimmed to length, neck chamfered and deburred, primer pockets uniformed, flash hole deburred, and maybe neck turned.

For others it only includes cleaning decapping and resizing and some include annealing.

I'm interested to hear what's included.

this is the service i offer.
SS clean
decap
annealed
resize
trimmed to length
neck chamfered and deburred
primer pockets uniformed
flash hole deburred

i will turn the neck at your risk and at a premium.

Last edited:
THIS may actually move me a little closer to unboxing all the reloading stuff in the gun room and getting started. The case-prep process is so damn daunting and equipment-intensive for those of us just starting out.

Bogey,

I hear ya. It's pretty time intensive. I'm loading by hand, don't have automated charge throwers and loaded up three ladders yesterday and just throwing charges and bullets took me about 6 hours. Of course weighing different charges to the tenth of a grain takes some time.