• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any ultimatum deuce’s in the wild yet

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Seen they have been shipped but haven’t seen anything yet. Any experiences?

Mine is being rebarreled currently. I know a few guys. Some super happy some say RimX is better.
Really its to soon to tell.

Mine is being rebarreled currently. I know a few guys. Some super happy some say RimX is better.
Really its to soon to tell.

Rebarreled already? I have a vudoo, and my shooting partner has the rimx. Just really interested in trying the deuce

Rebarreled already? I have a vudoo, and my shooting partner has the rimx. Just really interested in trying the deuce
Yup. I can't get the barrel I want from factory. I am getting a 1-12 from IBI. I already have a RimX with a 1-16. I will be posting about my comparison once I have enough rounds through the deuce to have solid data.

My opinion is keep shooting your vudoo and stay calm this season is about over give it time to see if they are awesome or soso.

Yup. I can't get the barrel I want from factory. I am getting a 1-12 from IBI. I already have a RimX with a 1-16. I will be posting about my comparison once I have enough rounds through the deuce to have solid data.

My opinion is keep shooting your vudoo and stay calm this season is about over give it time to see if they are awesome or soso.

Looking forward to your Feedback! I’ve been keeping my eye on them for a little over a year and a half now. Im looking to do a fast twist longer barreled option compared to the vudoo as well to try. Was leaning to the rimx but my shooting partner has one, and figured the deuce would change things uo

Just received notice that my Deuce just arrived at my FFL. Headed down to get it tomorrow. Can’t wait to put it together an play with it.

Reactions: Luke22:36
Just received notice that my Deuce just arrived at my FFL. Headed down to get it tomorrow. Can’t wait to put it together an play with it.

Well let me know. I’m super curious on them!

😮😮😮 IT DOES EXIST. Can’t wait to put it to the test & see what she’ll do.

960095F4-6FF0-416E-9488-7F58415AC46A.jpeg

😮😮😮 IT DOES EXIST. Can’t wait to put it to the test & see what she’ll do.

View attachment 7684023

Jesus I half expected it not to show up for a few more months lol. Any chance you can take a few more photos? I know it’s really really early, but what’s initial thoughts so far? Machining, bolt lift, bolt smoothness? What will you be putting it in?

Jesus I half expected it not to show up for a few more months lol. Any chance you can take a few more photos? I know it’s really really early, but what’s initial thoughts so far? Machining, bolt lift, bolt smoothness? What will you be putting it in?
Haven’t had a chance to get it to the range yet. But 1st impressions are pretty dang positive. Machining, fit, and finish is excellent. Pretty smooth, good bolt lift. A little stiff on the down stroke as the bolt lugs engage, but no surprise, I expect it’s just because it’s brand new & needs to break in a bit.
Dropping her into an XLR Envy Pro chassis & topping with a Burris XTR 3 optic. More pics to come soon.

Haven’t had a chance to get it to the range yet. But 1st impressions are pretty dang positive. Machining, fit, and finish is excellent. Pretty smooth, good bolt lift. A little stiff on the down stroke as the bolt lugs engage, but no surprise, I expect it’s just because it’s brand new & needs to break in a bit.
Dropping her into an XLR Envy Pro chassis & topping with a Burris XTR 3 optic. More pics to come soon.

100% agree, the only issue I've ran into is the Mag catch had to be slightly modified to properly work with the PDC Custom Chassis. As you see on the left mag (I've had it a couple months and was testing it with my B14r) I had to file the catch at a slight angle.
2021-08-13_19-56-40_222.jpg

100% agree, the only issue I've ran into is the Mag catch had to be slightly modified to properly work with the PDC Custom Chassis. As you see on the left mag (I've had it a couple months and was testing it with my B14r) I had to file the catch at a slight angle.
View attachment 7684543

yep, same here. The mag catch on my other chassis doesn’t quite engage with the mag. It looks to be a very minor issue & easy fix. Might not even mass with it as the new Envy Pro chassis I have coming also has an adjustable mag catch.

Haven’t had alot of time to play with it yet, but sufficient to say it is going to shoot SK Standard plus very well. This is group of 8 rounds that it shot when I was just getting it zeroed. 50 yards.

Well damn that looks alright. How’s feeding?

Well damn that looks alright. How’s feeding?
Very smooth. The multiple adjustments via the magazine itself are pretty cool. Bolt close is still a bit stiff as everything is still super tight, but it’s starting to break in.

Since August 15, there's what the owner describes as a "like new" Ultimate Deuce for sale on the Canadian firearms forum, CGN. Still available as of yesterday, the seller says he's put about 150 rounds of CCI SV through it and that it shoots "surprisingly" well at 25 and 100 yards.

It would be best to not take that to far. Just because he is selling so soon doesnt mean its bad. Now that CF matches are opening up here in canada I know of others that decided they would like to sell off their RimX or Vudoo.

It would be best to not take that to far. Just because he is selling so soon doesnt mean its bad. Now that CF matches are opening up here in canada I know of others that decided they would like to sell off their RimX or Vudoo.
What was reported above was not intended to arouse any sensitivities. No one should read anything about the seller's motives for selling his Ultimate Deuce in the information about a rifle for sale because none are provided.

Having said that, it can now be noted that a good rifle deserves more than 150 rounds of ammo that's better than CCI SV to allow a new owner to assess how it shoots.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Mine should be shipping today from IBI barrels with a 1-12. OEM is only 1-16 and I'm curious.... soo we rebarreled.
I personally know a guy that has a deuce and is happy. Very smooth and accurate. I know another that is not totally happy with feeding but accuracy is good. The not feeding part I expect is a setup issue but I have not seen it myself yet.

@grauhanen I didnt figure you meant it negative just thought I would note if for guys reading to not read thing in the seller didnt intend.
I definitely agree with you that 150 rounds is to soon to know. That and CCI SV dont mean much.

I personally don't know if I really buy into the Calfee IV chamber. These other chambers in the US that Modacam does, and the Nevius or Ravage chamber I'd think is more fine tuned for what I want.

I personally don't know if I really buy into the Calfee IV chamber. These other chambers in the US that Modacam does, and the Nevius or Ravage chamber I'd think is more fine tuned for what I want.
There’s 4 of us that shoot matches together that are running the Nevius chamber. 2 Vudoo’s,1 RimX and one on a CZ 457 and accuracy on all 4 is outstanding. Barrels are 2 Green Mountain’s, a Bartlein and a Shilen.

What’s wrong with the Calfee iv chamber?

Since August 15, there's what the owner describes as a "like new" Ultimate Deuce for sale on the Canadian firearms forum, CGN. Still available as of yesterday, the seller says he's put about 150 rounds of CCI SV through it and that it shoots "surprisingly" well at 25 and 100 yards.

I actually looked at it and thought maybe but for 2400 bucks and not exactly what I’d order I think I’d rather special order and pay the same price

I currently run a Calfee 4 in a 1-16 IBI on my RimX. It is "looser" then a chamber would have to be for reliable feeding and extraction in a action that is good. I can run CCI SV smoothly its so "sloppy" 🤣. Anyhow the rifle is extremely smooth and easy to cycle. It also shoots very consistent and not picky with ammo.

The Deuce Is coming with a EPS so very simular to the Nevius. See how a slightly tighter chamber is.
With a good action setup right a Calfee 4 is not needed but there are actions that going tighter is not reliable.

A lot of the Vudoos around here I see guys with difficulty chambering SK ammo and in a PRS setting that is not acceptable if it causes your rifle to move. Most have no idea what chamber they have so I'm not sure if its a specific chamber. Choosing a Calfee 4 may have been a over reaction on my part but I wanted nothing to do with a hard chambering rifle.

Reactions: camocorvette
I currently run a Calfee 4 in a 1-16 IBI on my RimX. It is "looser" then a chamber would have to be for reliable feeding and extraction in a action that is good. I can run CCI SV smoothly its so "sloppy" 🤣. Anyhow the rifle is extremely smooth and easy to cycle. It also shoots very consistent and not picky with ammo.

The Deuce Is coming with a EPS so very simular to the Nevius. See how a slightly tighter chamber is.
With a good action setup right a Calfee 4 is not needed but there are actions that going tighter is not reliable.

A lot of the Vudoos around here I see guys with difficulty chambering SK ammo and in a PRS setting that is not acceptable if it causes your rifle to move. Most have no idea what chamber they have so I'm not sure if its a specific chamber. Choosing a Calfee 4 may have been a over reaction on my part but I wanted nothing to do with a hard chambering rifle.

I've never seen any Vudoo have issues chambering SK ammo. I've only had issues chambering Eley ammo. Given SK/Lapua are the same and the chamber was cut for it.

I've never seen any Vudoo have issues chambering SK ammo. I've only had issues chambering Eley ammo. Given SK/Lapua are the same and the chamber was cut for it.
There are a couple around here that chamber very hard. When you push the bolt forward it goes hard before you can engage the bolt lugs and cam closed you have to almost "slam" the bolt forward to seat the bullet enough to cam the bolt. I know its not a Vudoo thing I'm not knocking them at all. I've seen the same thing with a RimX and a PVA barrel but I also dont know the chamber in it. There are a couple more that are stiff you have to close the bolt with purpose. Then there are a bunch that are nice. I'm under the impression that all Vudoos come with the Ravage chamber but maybe there is more to it? This is all with SK and Lapua ammo not Eley. Which brings up another reason I didnt want it to tight I have very good success with Eley. Also easier to find lol.

There are a couple around here that chamber very hard. When you push the bolt forward it goes hard before you can engage the bolt lugs and cam closed you have to almost "slam" the bolt forward to seat the bullet enough to cam the bolt. I know its not a Vudoo thing I'm not knocking them at all. I've seen the same thing with a RimX and a PVA barrel but I also dont know the chamber in it. There are a couple more that are stiff you have to close the bolt with purpose. Then there are a bunch that are nice. I'm under the impression that all Vudoos come with the Ravage chamber but maybe there is more to it? This is all with SK and Lapua ammo not Eley. Which brings up another reason I didnt want it to tight I have very good success with Eley. Also easier to find lol.

Interesting. I do know quite a few people that got their Vudoo's rebarreled. If it is a ravage chamber then I'd think it's a quality issue and Vudoo should fix it. Or it's just so damn dirty that the carbon ring and bolt face is gunked up. With such tight tolerances any kind of non cleaning will definitely cause that. And non cleaning meaning like thousands of rounds... Or hundreds with suppressed shooting.

Interesting. I do know quite a few people that got their Vudoo's rebarreled. If it is a ravage chamber then I'd think it's a quality issue and Vudoo should fix it. Or it's just so damn dirty that the carbon ring and bolt face is gunked up. With such tight tolerances any kind of non cleaning will definitely cause that. And non cleaning meaning like thousands of rounds... Or hundreds with suppressed shooting.
That it is interesting. Nothing suppressed up here. They where like that from new so not a cleaning issue. Some of the smooth ones are rebarrels or touched up chambers.

That it is interesting. Nothing suppressed up here. They where like that from new so not a cleaning issue. Some of the smooth ones are rebarrels or touched up chambers.
I can confirm with John, I have a brand new Vudoo 360, and from the start shooting SK RM I've had a few rounds that are tight to feed.

Did Vudoo say that was to be expected?
All I've read about Vudoo is SK/Lapua are supposed to be perfect for it. From my own experience, SK RM has had a few issues. I need to test Lapua and see if that works better.

I've put 750 rounds of SK RM and PM though my Vudoo 360, not one problem chambering a round.

I’ve shot 3500 rounds of Lapua center x, 2500 rounds of sk rm and 500 rounds of sk pistol Match through my vudoo. The sk does have the odd tight one or two. Yesterday’s shoot I had 3 tight ones out of the roughly 100-200 rounds fired. Normally it’s about 1-5 per brick
I noticed. Never had a tight one with Center x.

I’ve shot 3500 rounds of Lapua center x, 2500 rounds of sk rm and 500 rounds of sk pistol Match through my vudoo. The sk does have the odd tight one or two. Yesterday’s shoot I had 3 tight ones out of the roughly 100-200 rounds fired. Normally it’s about 1-5 per brick
I noticed. Never had a tight one with Center x.
We should start a Vudoo thread.

Got the Duece put together yesterday. Communication after the final payment was very good. They kept me up to speed on tracking the deliver. Email does seem to be the only way to communicate. Went and shot a match today. I'm reluctant to post it - as I haven't talked to them about one issue yet, but I know people are interested. Long review- sort of rambling to follow. Very good instructions on the mag and gun on their website. These are not shipped with the gun. Comes with no mags- $139 each. They actually don't seem expensive to me. The Rim X ones are $100. The mag is actually 2 mags in one. Inside the AICS outer mag is a stick mag ( 15 rounds) . It's tensioned in there with an oring. To set the feed lip height you press that mag up against the bolt and then tighten the outer mag. So the out mag sets the mag height and the inner one sets the feed lip height. I tried it first in my MPA and couldn't really get it to run, too wobbly. Switched it to a Foundation Centurion inletted for a RimX- fit great. Got the mags pretty well set. Unfortunately the TT diamond i put in it ( after some serious pounding on the pins- Reference the Vudoo thread) cocks about half the time. The magazine follower was binding. Took it apart- polished some stuff. Off to the match. Got a quick zero- tried 4 flavors- fortunately it liked the Center X i have a ton of best. Accuracy seemed good. I didn't have much time- good as in 5 rounds 1/2" or so at 50. Had two problems all day. One, failure to cock- I could feel when it didn't cock- so pretty easy to overcome. The tough one was the follower issue. Sometimes a quick tap on the round would get it to present, other times and had to drop the mag and tap it. Also the bolt it hitting the back of the feed lips and digging at it.
Fix one- call TT , i understand they can do a taller sear. Two- Call Hawkins and get a taller mag catch for the bottom metal. I think by setting the mag a little higher- I can lower the feed lips and get better feeding. Three- email Ultimatum and ask about the follower issue. and polish the inside of the mag more. These problems all seem managable- not like I have to throw it at a smith and scream help.
Fit and finish is great.Action is smooth- it took me a bit to get used to after shooting a 90 degree throw. It doesn't feel like a Vudoo or RimX. Not sure how to describe it, but after a day of shooting I wasnt even thinking about it. I think the accuracy is going to be good- looking forward to getting on paper a further out. Never failed to extract or eject or slip the extractor and stick a round in the chamber.
Again- not trying to be critical, just trying to answer questions I had going in. I think I good my money's worth. I showed up at this same match a few years ago with a very early Vudoo. They were all giving me crap as I was fighting some issues with it. Now their all shooting Vudoos. Hopefully this story has a happy ending too.

Got the Duece put together yesterday. Communication after the final payment was very good. They kept me up to speed on tracking the deliver. Email does seem to be the only way to communicate. Went and shot a match today. I'm reluctant to post it - as I haven't talked to them about one issue yet, but I know people are interested. Long review- sort of rambling to follow. Very good instructions on the mag and gun on their website. These are not shipped with the gun. Comes with no mags- $139 each. They actually don't seem expensive to me. The Rim X ones are $100. The mag is actually 2 mags in one. Inside the AICS outer mag is a stick mag ( 15 rounds) . It's tensioned in there with an oring. To set the feed lip height you press that mag up against the bolt and then tighten the outer mag. So the out mag sets the mag height and the inner one sets the feed lip height. I tried it first in my MPA and couldn't really get it to run, too wobbly. Switched it to a Foundation Centurion inletted for a RimX- fit great. Got the mags pretty well set. Unfortunately the TT diamond i put in it ( after some serious pounding on the pins- Reference the Vudoo thread) cocks about half the time. The magazine follower was binding. Took it apart- polished some stuff. Off to the match. Got a quick zero- tried 4 flavors- fortunately it liked the Center X i have a ton of best. Accuracy seemed good. I didn't have much time- good as in 5 rounds 1/2" or so at 50. Had two problems all day. One, failure to cock- I could feel when it didn't cock- so pretty easy to overcome. The tough one was the follower issue. Sometimes a quick tap on the round would get it to present, other times and had to drop the mag and tap it. Also the bolt it hitting the back of the feed lips and digging at it.
Fix one- call TT , i understand they can do a taller sear. Two- Call Hawkins and get a taller mag catch for the bottom metal. I think by setting the mag a little higher- I can lower the feed lips and get better feeding. Three- email Ultimatum and ask about the follower issue. and polish the inside of the mag more. These problems all seem managable- not like I have to throw it at a smith and scream help.
Fit and finish is great.Action is smooth- it took me a bit to get used to after shooting a 90 degree throw. It doesn't feel like a Vudoo or RimX. Not sure how to describe it, but after a day of shooting I wasnt even thinking about it. I think the accuracy is going to be good- looking forward to getting on paper a further out. Never failed to extract or eject or slip the extractor and stick a round in the chamber.
Again- not trying to be critical, just trying to answer questions I had going in. I think I good my money's worth. I showed up at this same match a few years ago with a very early Vudoo. They were all giving me crap as I was fighting some issues with it. Now their all shooting Vudoos. Hopefully this story has a happy ending too.

I was at a match Saturday and a guy was running a deuce mag in his bergara with the same problems. A little tap on the side cleared 95% of them. Hopefully the mag thing you can sort out. Keep us updated on the accuracy when you test it. Post pictures of the set up!