• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any updates on J Allen from Shot Show?

RobbW

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2014
Mesa, Arizona
Any updates from MDT on the J Allen chassis system moving forward?

I figured someone had news from shot show.

Robb

None. Probably a year before you start to see some prototypes from what I’ve heard.

From the sounds of things they’re still staring at a pile of parts trying to figure out what to do with them.

From the sounds of things they’re still staring at a pile of parts trying to figure out what to do with them.

That's pretty much it. They are sorting through it all from what I heard.

I think I can find a video from SHOT and post it up.

I contacted them recently regarding their plans wrt to JAE-700 accessories...ARCA-2 to be specific but also asking in general.

Their reply was that that their version of this chassis will not be up for sale until end of 2020 or even early 2021.

I asked if they planned to reissue J Allen accessories and if they could tell me if theirs would be backward compatible with the original.

Actually, here is the text of what they replied with:

We are working hard to get the JAE into production and as there will be some changes and updates to the manufacturing process to bring it more in line with our processes. We will do our best to support all versions of the chassis as much as we can but before we are in production we cannot confirm what accessories are going to be available and if they will be backwards compatible or not.

If you are looking for an Arca rail for the older JAE, I know Sawtooth Rifles was making rails that should work and that would probably be your best bet at this time.

We have said from the start that we are looking at atleast the end of 2020 before we will be releasing anything for the JAE brand, and at this point, we are too far away from that date to have much information that we can share that is anywhere near concrete.
By the by, no...Sawtooth does not now make and sell a JAE-700 compatible ARCA rail. Maybe they did, but if so then no longer shown on their site.

Reactions: RobbW