• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

any updates on new chassis systems since SHOT?

GUNNER10

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2005
Va
i was woondering if anybody has heard anything about any of the new chassis systems, the AX, the remington, the jae and any other that i can think of right now

just wondering about pricing and availibilty before i put in an order for a mcmillan, i wonder how far they are still out

Re: any updates on new chassis systems since SHOT?

Axe won't be out for acouple of months and when it does expect to pay. Same with the Remington system. One of their guys says it won't be open to the public fo some time. I gueess it gets released to the military only come summer time and then after some more time they might release it to the public. Scott McCree had acouple of his their and they were awesome as always. Lets say I scored a deal at his booth!!!! There were acouple other brands trying new ideas on existing chassis but nothing new coming out in the next month....

That Ashbury Chassis is REALLY light and seems very well made, tho I'm not a huge fan of the carbon fiber look.

It's pricey but like AI, the Ashbury Chassis is top shelf gear.

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Sako had a Rem 700 in a trg22 folding stock. Looked and felt great to bad it used a modified sako mag. Said it would be out this year but no price could be vaporware.

whats the story on the ashbury? ive tried contacting the compnay and got no response, i havent really seen any on the sight.

I contacted them a while back before I bought my DTA SRS system telling them I wanted a rifle but never got a response.

Ashbury folding stock is $2599 according to the guy at the booth...just for the stock/chassis. no thanks.

hmmm, i dont think im willing to go 2600 for the ashbury but even if i was, how would one find one considering they dont respond to inquaries

yea doesnt make you feel very warm and fuzzy inside knowing that you have so much trouble getting them to take your money what kinda response do you get after they get it. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sako had a Rem 700 in a trg22 folding stock. Looked and felt great to bad it used a modified sako mag. Said it would be out this year but no price could be vaporware. </div></div>

This I would like to see.....

FWIW - I spoke directly with Pamela Bergeret, the executive VP for Ashbury at the show along with one of their engineers and they were very helpful. She took almost a full hour of her time to go over several items I'm interested in and got me all of the information I needed to make my decision. I'm just a civilian and I was expecting to get blown off since I prefaced my convo with "I'm not a HSLD guy, just a interested individual". They got my business that day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunner91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW - I spoke directly with Pamela Bergeret, the executive VP for Ashbury at the show along with one of their engineers and they were very helpful. She took almost a full hour of her time to go over several items I'm interested in and got me all of the information I needed to make my decision. I'm just a civilian and I was expecting to get blown off since I prefaced my convo with "I'm not a HSLD guy, just a interested individual". They got my business that day. </div></div>

Did they give a release date?

I read where McRee had something new but it was not revealed as to what it was. Anyone see anything?

We had our latest Whiskey-3 there. Seen here in a Badger 2008 "Covert" setup in 338 Federal. Our fixed Tikka T3 version should be out shortly. In the pic is the fixed back end with the folder in the background.
Justin
P.S. Not a great pic but I was trying not to photo other people's stuff.

IMG_1632.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crackshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read where McRee had something new but it was not revealed as to what it was. Anyone see anything? </div></div>

Scott was showing his DMR system. Not sure if that was the "new" item people keep talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ashbury folding stock is $2599 according to the guy at the booth...just for the stock/chassis. no thanks. </div></div>

If memory serves that is for the full blown all the bells and whistles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ashbury folding stock is $2599 according to the guy at the booth...just for the stock/chassis. no thanks. </div></div>

If memory serves that is for the full blown all the bells and whistles </div></div> i didn't bother getting a price sheet or anything so you may be correct. All i heard was $1600(i believe) for non folding and $2599 for folding. I know it was for chassis only though.

The .50 "deployable" kit was $20,000 i believe.

A grand difference to have it fold?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A grand difference to have it fold? </div></div>
Fold...rails....monopod....etc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That Ashbury Chassis is REALLY light and seems very well made, tho I'm not a huge fan of the carbon fiber look.</div></div>

Huh?

The Ashbury that we looked at in the GAP booth was a boat anchor. It was at least as heavy as my AI. Granted the action that was in it sported a heavy contour barrel, but the package still did not appear to be lightweight.

I didn't manage to make it to the Ashbury booth since I was short on time. I am not sure what the actual quoted weight is.

I was told the RACS (Remington Chassis) would be available Q3, but I didn't ask if that was for LE/Mil or Civilians. MSRP was around $1800 for the chassis.

The JP MOR Chassis was pretty neat looking. I didn't do a lot of handling of it, but it's simple and straightforward.

McRee's has some new features on their chassis that are pretty slick. Looking forward to doing a review on one soon.

The XLR Chassis should be nice, but I have yet to actually touch one. I am getting closer though.

I believe the JAE is still vaporware, but I also did not get by their booth.

Really if you are considering McMillan, then Manners is the other option you should be considering. If you want a chassis, then you should not be going with a McMillan. They are different stocks with different features and feel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johndoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sako had a Rem 700 in a trg22 folding stock. Looked and felt great to bad it used a modified sako mag. Said it would be out this year but no price could be vaporware. </div></div>

This I would like to see..... </div></div>

Seeing how SAKO charges $2500 just for the folding rear portion of the stock.... Makes the Ashbury seem like a damned bargain.

Any news on the new Eberlestock Chassis system? Heard they were going to release it at the show but I havent seen any pics.

well its not so much that i am leaning towards a chassis system over a mcmillan, but i was wondering what more or less is 6 months out at this point.

i have an A5 comming for my surgeon 338 build, so for the 300wm, im really just wanting somthing turn key so i wont have to get it bedded and wait for it to be made specifical for that rifle.

McRee had a NEW one piece stock which is very similar to his current stocks. The difference being it is solid, one piece, from the folder forward. Seems if you give a Marine a bolt or screw to play with he will remove it. Forend has dimples instead of through holes and the gap between the trigger guard and pistol grip has been eliminated.

I believe the stock was called the Leopard

Just for the recond on the Ashbury SABER CHassis, here is the info right off the price sheet.

Mod 0, Rem 700 S or L and clones , $1660.00
Butt hook, fixed adjustable, weight approx 6 lbs

Folding stock hinge joint $156.00
Takedown stock joint $114.50
Monopod $677.75

So total on a normal 700 system folder is $1816.00

Mod 1, Rem 700 S or L or Sako TRG 42, $2555.00
Butt hook, folding push button adjustable, 30 MOA unitized full length top rail, 3 12" rails, two 4" rails, weight approx 6.5 lbs

12" rails with flush cup points $79.75
4" rails with flush cup points $32.50
Grip angle adapters $44.75

I already have 4 complete rifle systems on order for clients. You can order stocks or complete rifle system through me at Gunsite, I'll quote you a price. Accessories such as the TACT tripods, tool kits etc are also available. I will also have a set of 4 300WM test rifles that were the submissions for the M24 upgrade program available shortly, more data on that when they arrive.

Should you have any specific questions on Ashbury products, please feel free to call me here at Gunsite.

Make yourself familiar with the rules when you come back.

Your going to get banned. You might want to read the rules of the forum....