• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any updates on Vectronics PLRF 05?

Re: Any updates on Vectronics PLRF 05?

This is what the italian importer replied to my inquire :

Ciao XXXXXXX ,
confermo che il PLRF 05 (versione militare) o Terrapinn è un progetto di LRF (no compass) a cui Vectronix sta lavorando.
Questo oggetto (portata 2.500 m e circa € 2000 di costo) ha come target il mercato del tiro di precisione e sniper.
Al momento non ci sono notizie ufficiali;
possibile disponibilità sul mercato a fine 2011/inizio 2012.
Vectronix mi ha detto che tante cose devono essere ancora vagliate.
Cerchero’ di aggiornarti su eventuali sviluppi.
Saluti
M.B. / A.Podesta'-Vectronix Italia

Traslated in short :

The PLRF05/Terrapin 'll be released not earlier than end of 2011/beginning of 2012 but that's not confirmed yet .

PP out

Thanks PP now if it was greek you would'nt have to translate
smile.gif
Elmer

I have the full date sheets on the new Terrapin Vectronix but I cant work out how to post it here. If someone emails me on [email protected] I will email it to them so it can be put up here for all to see,
Cheers

Andrew

Yeah , just got a copy of the manual & brochure .

range 20-2400m

specified range 1800m

beam 0.4 x 2.4 mil

yds , meters or feet

weight 500g

glass reticle ( lit as well )

Price point $1950 USD

Looks quite nice .

I was expecting MORE , seems to be close to the Swaro , Opps .

I was hoping for compass & angle & bluetooth , Opps .

Its a option any way .

look for it in April ,

Later Chris

(beam 0.4 x 2.4 mil) What does that measurment equal to at 1000yards in feet? The conversion process escapes me.
Thanks
Elmer

the PLRF10 is 0.3 x 1.5mil. and i was told that was 1' x 3' at 1000 yards.

that should make the PLRF05 close to 16" x 5' at 1000yds, if the PLRF10 numbers are correct.

The specs actually seem very similar to the Leica 1600 with a bit more range.

Leica 1600 CRF
View Angle: 6.6 deg
Waterproof: 1 m
Divergence: .5 X 2.5 mrad
Laser Wavelength: ?
Scanning Mode: yes
Magnification: 7X
Error: 1 yd to 400 yds, 2 yds to 800 yds, .5% after 800 yds
Range: 1,600 yds?
Weight: 220g
Dimensions: 4.5 inch X 3 inch X 1.3 inches

I will probably buy one when I have a gun that can go to 1800 m consistently. I was hoping for a narrower beam divergence, but I guess there is a $$ tradeoff there, plus they can't give you the PLRF 10 at half the price.

ya, except this would actually work, vs the leica.

i have heard so many bad things about the new 1600, and the one i tried wasn't too impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovdasnow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya, except this would actually work, vs the leica.

i have heard so many bad things about the new 1600, and the one i tried wasn't too impressive. </div></div>
Thx, the only thing I don't like about the new PLRF05 is it has 5x magnification, I think thats on the low side if you are trying to range small targets at 1000 yards plus.
Elmer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovdasnow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i have heard so many bad things about the new 1600, and the one i tried wasn't too impressive. </div></div>

Some people absolutely love them. I have heard of them being shipped broken, but they will send you a new one if you have issues. I have also heard there is a lot of user error. Basically, the unit is so small that people are cupping their hand over the laser while they are using it making it appear to have spotty performance.

I just bought one, so I will have to see how it works. I wasn't willing to pay for the plrf05 and I had to be honest about my needs.

indeed... this sounds like a unit I'd be very interested in. My Bushnell 1500 can smoke a fresh 9V battery trying to range anything past 1000... I haven't been able to ever get a reading with four digits... max seems like 950 yards or so, on reflective metal targets.

edit: I meant to say 1000 yards above...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elmerdeer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> (beam 0.4 x 2.4 mil) What does that measurment equal to at 1000yards in feet? The conversion process escapes me.
Thanks
Elmer

</div></div>

(.4 mil)(3.6")(10)/12"= 1.2 feet
(2.4mil)(3.6")(10)/12"= 7.2 feet

What is considered good?

I just got the PLRF-10, and its ability to target smaller items well beyond 1000 yards is pretty amazing. Think picking up a 18x24 steel plate in a cluttered desert landscape. The only problem that far out is that you need darn steady hands to keep the beam on your target or a tripod. The mil-based reticle is a nice item, but the 4X magnification is a touch low for 2,000+ yards (and yes I have ranged targets beyond 2,300 yards with it mounted on a tripod)

That having been said, I was told by the Potomic Group (when buying my PLRF-10 about 4 months ago), that the PLRF-5 will be at this year's SHOT show, but not available to the public before then (January).

JeffVN

just got this email from Potomac Group this morning.....

<span style="color: #3333FF">The PLRF05 will not be manufactured. They are working on a PLRF25. It may come out at next year’s SHOT show. That is all the information that was communicated to me from Vectronix Corporate</span>

interesting. thanks for posting the information.

JeffVN

any opinions on newcon-optik stuff? Seems like it's a step above Leica.

I don't like the newcon. The optical quality is not there and no illuminated recticle. They range ok out farther distances. I tried their 3000 model and I was not impressed. My new Steiners hands down beat the newcons for distance and optical quality. So far I have gotten out to 2200 yards with my steiners.

The PLRF-25 is substantially reduced in size compared the previous model. I'm wondering if it'll be something that can be mounted inline with a spotting scope to produce a combo observation/ranging setup?

Thanks Dylanss... appreciate the insight.

What is the suspected MSRP of the PLRF 25 ??

The PLRF 25 was officialy "available " as of the DSEI exhibition in London. It ranges beyond 4,000yds and is a step up from the 15 albeit a smaller unit in size. Price tag will be almost certainly in excess of the current 15.

Now I just need to work out a way to afford one!

very nice specs. Would love to have one of these, or even same specs to 2000 yards would suffice and I'd pay a few thou for that.

Two things, what is the beam size of the steiners, and one person here has already posted that he ordered a plrf 5 and is waiting on delivery, he was told a week - which was a few weeks ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two things, what is the beam size of the steiners, and one person here has already posted that he ordered a plrf 5 and is waiting on delivery, he was told a week - which was a few weeks ago.</div></div>
Was told by my distributor this fri coming I should have the Terrapin in my hands, lets see.
Elmer

Talked to a rep today at Vectronix and was told that the PLRF25C will cost $8200.00. WOW!