• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any US Optics experts here?

slm9s

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2008
WA
A guy at the gun show had a rifle for sale with what he said was a very old USO. It was huge. It said US Optics #2 by the parallax markings. It was a fixed power, but it didn't say what power and the guy didn't know. It had the ERGO obj focus. It had a mildot looking reticle but there was also a center dot. It had covered 1/4 moa turrets. It had to be at least a 35mm tube.

Anyone know what I was looking at?

They had such a vast array of options, it's unlikely you'll ever really know.

I remember when you could order them al-la-carte. Pick your options and they built it.

I also have realized they thought weight equalled quality. They're some heavy tanks.

Reactions: 308pirate
If it was huge ... SN 9.? Had one circa 2009 ish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-211815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-211815_Samsung Internet.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 62
No it wasn't either of those. Ergo on the objective and just a really long ~35mm? tube with no power ring and their covered turrets. Not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about, but he said USO told him it was one of the first ones they made. The #2 may have been the model number?

No it wasn't either of those. Ergo on the objective and just a really long ~35mm? tube with no power ring and their covered turrets. Not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about, but he said USO told him it was one of the first ones they made. The #2 may have been the model number?

Why?

They have horrible resale and aren't really worth buying compared to what's out there now

Reactions: 308pirate
I am an enthusiast in this hobby and optics interest me. I've been doing this since back when USO was one of the top brands. I posted on this 'discussion' forum about a scope that I was unfamiliar to discuss with other enthusiasts. I didn't buy it as my 3 minutes of google-fu failed to turn up any info and then I never saw the guy again. I am just trying to educate myself on a topic I enjoy.
The better question is why did you take time to post?
And BTW I sold my EREK ERGO SN3 for $2150 last June so if that's "horrible resale" I wonder what you're used to.

Last edited:
I am an enthusiastic in this hobby and optics interest me. I've been doing this since back when USO was one of the top brands. I posted on this 'discussion' forum about a scope that I was unfamiliar to discuss with other enthusiasts. I didn't buy it as my 3 minutes of google-fu failed to turn up any info and then I never saw the guy again. I am just trying to educate myself on a topic I enjoy.
The better question is why did you take time to post?
And BTW I sold my EREK ERGO SN3 for $2150 last June so if that's "horrible resale" I wonder what you're used to.
People are giving you solid feedback. Whether it is what you wanted or not, that's a different story.

You may have started the thread but that doesn't mean you get to control the conversation.

What? Me answering his question of "why I care" is me trying to control the conversation?
Some people have interest in older scopes, especially unique ones. I know it wouldn't be equal to today's best and I know USO isn't what it once was.
Seems if it's not the latest and greatest - why talk about it!

As in why do you care? Us optics was sold to a Chinese company, and isnt what it once was. Most here have written them off.
No idea where you get your information but US Optics was not sold to a Chinese company. If you are going to post something at least make sure it’s somewhat close to the truth.

No idea where you get your information but US Optics was not sold to a Chinese company. If you are going to post something at least make sure it’s somewhat close to the truth.
That was told to me by one of the former owners, whom I was close with. Looks like it’s changed hands and or moved around several times. Either way, they’ve fallen off the map.

When I first joined back in 2010, they were considered a good optic. I was shopping for an optic back then to go with my Desert Tech SRS and I ended up with a Nightforce. I believe they were falling out of favor at that point having some QC issues. I wouldn’t bother with them now that there is so much competition out there.

Until I can get my hands on one of their new scopes, I’ll reserve my own judgement. I for sure love the idea of a customizable optic. Want a bubble level in the optic? Check. Different color for the illuminated reticle? Check.