• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any wannabe tyrants check your shit?

Had your property “checked”?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 97.7%

• Total voters
90% of cops have no idea what the laws surrounding SBR’s etc are anyways. The other 10% own the same thing and couldn’t give a fuck what anyone owns. Pending your not being a dbag with it (or a felon)

.i live in semi rural fl,so i don't think MOST locals know or care. might occur to those in big towns,miam,jax.w.palm etc. never heard of it happening. checking 922 compliance-same,same. never heard of it happening.

Reactions: lht645
90% of cops have no idea what the laws surrounding SBR’s etc are anyways. The other 10% own the same thing and couldn’t give a fuck what anyone owns. Pending your not being a dbag with it (or a felon)

Cops don't know shit about laws on the books in general. That's why they're cops. If they really wanted to learn about law, they'd be lawyers and not cops.

Yeah in California. Was waaaaaaay the fuck out in the woods at what I thought was my secret spot and a sheriff rolled up on me. Was a short woman cop who looked like a dwarf from World of Warcraft and the guy was the biggest white guy cop I've ever seen. They were cool no problems I think they were parked out there fucking around and heard a bunch of gunfire so thought they should check on it.

I had a game warden try and steal my rifle “cause that’s a silencer and that’s illegal”

After I had already showed him form 4 and a pile of other FAQs from the ATF website I had already printed out.

I've heard ATF people try to tell a range they had to check everyone's stamps. Apparently it's on the range when someone has an illegal firearm...lol

I had a game warden try and steal my rifle “cause that’s a silencer and that’s illegal”

After I had already showed him form 4 and a pile of other FAQs from the ATF website I had already printed out.

Game warden, don't need to say much more, it's pretty much a given they are evil abusive tyrants with delusions of power and a hatred for anyone good.

Since when is it gay for a guy to touch your pecker and give you a boner?
It's only gay if you like it.

Live in Iowa, did a year in CT and shot a pinned 14.5" at a public range a couple times. Never been checked

The most likely way this would go down is if you had a firearm confiscated by the local authorities for whatever reason (judging by many posts in the Pit, it'd probably have something to do with male prostitution). The locals then send your 14.5" rifle that was soldered with Kester flux-core off to the ATF, and they spin off the brake with a pair of Channellocks, and then you're looking at 10 years of Fed time. How many times have you heard of this happening? Not many. But here is one example:

I can't recall any other recent SBR prosecution making the news. The one that always comes up in discussion is the dude who sold his MP5 pistol with a stock and VFG uninstalled as accessories, but I believe that's at least a decade old.

FE997D7F-ED08-43CC-961A-6CEC8B96D38F.jpeg

If it’s gay, it’s gay

Game warden, don't need to say much more, it's pretty much a given they are evil abusive tyrants with delusions of power and a hatred for anyone good.
Not here in Wyoming. Some of the nicest most helpful professionals going. Where I grew up in Maine it was a different story though….

For the most part wouldn’t the only way they’d know one’s criminal background would be to check it? Thus getting “checked”

Was it officer Bill Pogue or Conley Elms?

• Love
Reactions: JbBooks
Arkansas here. Everyone here is DILLIGAF? Different story in Texas. All the law dogs I've met are like "Can I shoot it?". :LOL:

That's a tough situation, deersniper. You're in the right, but the local "authority" thinks you're not and that they're in the right. Those are two very different perspectives. That situation could go south quickly.

Are you willing to share some more details on how you navigated this?

It comes down to the whole "do I make the situation easy for myself" versus "do I maintain our hard-earned liberties in the face of tyranny."

Thanks for making the choice that you did, by the way.

For the most part wouldn’t the only way they’d know one’s criminal background would be to check it? Thus getting “checked”
It be more likely to be reported by someone who sees what they think is a “questionable” weapon at a range (range officer or the like) that police would get called

Around here LE deal with a lot of the same people. So they could recognize someone and know that person is a felon or know they have a history with the CJ system etc

That person is likely to attract attention with any weapon.

If you attract attention you’ll get attention

Now if your in some Democrat controlled city where cops are trained that all guns are bad then good luck I guess

In the sticks LE treats people a bit different

Reactions: nikonNUT
It be more likely to be reported by someone who sees what they think is a “questionable” weapon at a range (range officer or the like) that police would get called

Around here LE deal with a lot of the same people. So they could recognize someone and know that person is a felon or know they have a history with the CJ system etc

That person is likely to attract attention with any weapon.

If you attract attention you’ll get attention

Now if your in some Democrat controlled city where cops are trained that all guns are bad then good luck I guess

In the sticks LE treats people a bit different

If they are screwing around fucking lives over “gun laws” they are actually all the same, actually worse.

And that person who called in someone with the gun, shy said person actually threatening innocents with it, that snitch is the same form of sub human scum who would report your business to the covid police, or call in a jew back in the day, those people are one of the biggest threats to freedom.

Never had anyone check for length of barrel, pin/weld or paperwork for cans. I'm sure it's happened to people but I'd venture to guess it's rare. In Michigan where I live I must have been one of the first few individuals that purchased a suppressor once they were legal here since I was the only one that shot suppressed at any of my local ranges. Over the last 6 years its very common, and the few LEO that have a working brain probably don't want to waste their time checking paperwork since its takes so long to get your paperwork back the chances they come across an illegal can is next to non existent. They probably don't care about barrel length for the same reason unless its used in a crime.

I've even had 2 separate DNR LEO come up on myself and a fellow hide member while we were shooting on state game land. Cool as could be, even said where we were was a great spot, gave us both their business cards and said if any of the local popo gave us any problems call them, they'd take care of it.

Reactions: TACC
It's only gay if you like it.

Live in Iowa, did a year in CT and shot a pinned 14.5" at a public range a couple times. Never been checked
Most people aren’t going to look at a P&W 14.5 and think anything about it. With all the pistols these days most people aren’t going to notice an SBR, unless they are a range nazi.

Most gun store people are morons, I watched one store take in 2 homemade machine guns, and they said they weren’t machine guns when I told them they were going to fuck up buying them.

Something something third hole....

They both had drilled holes with E clipped pins magically drilled where the third hole goes. Months later they told me I was right, “yeah, I know”. They closed down so who knows what happened to them

@akmike47 totally agree, as things should be. Just don't put yourself in a situation where SBR charges could be layered on top of others.

Lolz about third holes and the uneducated even with FFLs

@akmike47 totally agree, as things should be. Just don't put yourself in a situation where SBR charges could be layered on top of others.
Gee thanks...I never said I use untaxed SBRs....

I said they wouldn’t notice an sbr, as in most tards would probably think you were shooting a pistol. Nowhere did I say “toss a stock on there, they won’t know”.

Let’s not forget it isn’t a ranges job to check firearms or stamps. If you break the law it’s on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Gee thanks...I never said I use untaxed SBRs....

I said they wouldn’t notice an sbr, as in most tardy would probably think you were shooting a pistol. Nowhere did I say “toss a stock on there, they won’t know”.

Let’s not forget it isn’t a ranges job to check firearms or stamps. If you break the law it’s on you.
Didn't mean you specifically (more directed at anyone reading this)... No need to get defensive no one has said anything other than hypothetical situations here. What you do is totally up to you.

One could argue it's up to the range officers to make sure laws are being followed on their premises but the most they would be able to do is have ask an individual to leave. I'm not the expert on how all that could or would go down, but I'd prefer individuals be able to live as they please

in all my time working as an RO, i was never once told it was my job to play wanna-be ATF agent...my job is to control the range, and make sure no one gets shot....thats it.

it is range SAFETY officer.....not range LAW COMPLIANCE officer....come in with illegal SBR/ machine guns...dont give a shit so long as you dont put a bullet in anyone.

the range bears no legal responsibility for customer supplied weapons
I appreciate the insight. My shooting range is a couple hundred acres out the back door so I'm an outcast that way. I don't mind it a bit. Lot's less people to see me eat dirt under NODs too :ROFLMAO:

@deersniper
Do you carry copies of your tax stamp? At first I did, but having never been asked, i just leave em at home.

The real ones are hidden in lowlights fruitcake.

Reactions: TACC
in all my time working as an RO, i was never once told it was my job to play wanna-be ATF agent...my job is to control the range, and make sure no one gets shot....thats it.

it is range SAFETY officer.....not range LAW COMPLIANCE officer....come in with illegal SBR/ machine guns...dont give a shit so long as you dont put a bullet in anyone.

the range bears no legal responsibility for customer supplied weapons

any RSO or range telling you they NEED to check is just wanting to play johnny law...and frankly, any range checking paperwork would cause me to turn around and walk straight out.

at the end of the day, Form1/4s are taxes paid....not licenses....as far as im concerned, some RSO doesnt need to see my personal tax information.
I told one guy to show me his W2 if he wanted to see my tax documents

Only guy that got interested for about 30 seconds was some Land Management pleb who got a call from people who were literally squatting on public land about machine gun fire at night in the dark.

So pleb comes out and wants to talk. Starts asking what we are using and if "I have a license for that" at which point he realizes that no one gives a shit and there's more people there then the 2 standing in front of him with carbines, carriers and night vision on.

Only guy that got interested for about 30 seconds was some Land Management pleb who got a call from people who were literally squatting on public land about machine gun fire at night in the dark.

So pleb comes out and wants to talk. Starts asking what we are using and if "I have a license for that" at which point he realizes that no one gives a shit and there's more people there then the 2 standing in front of him with carbines, carriers and night vision on.
I hope you took your suppressor off after that so the squatters understood how good things were before they complained