• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any way to ID factory powder?

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
My #1 nephew asked me to remove the factory projectile and powder from some 7mm STW Remington 140 gr ammo that he had. The intention was to reload the brass with his choice of powder and projectile. Now I have a pile of powder that I can't ID. Any suggestions? Do ammo manufacturers use their own powder or sub out to powder manufacturers?

Re: Any way to ID factory powder?

Sprinkel it on the lawn,it makes good fertilizer. Don't try to load it. Factories use blends and non canister grade powders,bad idea to try to mess around with it. Powder is $25 a pound,my life and limb are worth more to me.

Got some I'l cigarettes you'd like your mother-in-law to smoke? I say pack em in those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My #1 nephew asked me to remove the factory projectile and powder from some 7mm STW Remington 140 gr ammo that he had. The intention was to reload the brass with his choice of powder and projectile. Now I have a pile of powder that I can't ID. Any suggestions? Do ammo manufacturers use their own powder or sub out to powder manufacturers?</div></div>

You could send it to "Abby" on that great show "NCIS"! She can figure out anything!

Id just mix it together with my other powders... It should work just fine.

haha not really.