• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any way to tighten up a Cyke Pod pan motion? Mine is pretty loose

goneballistic

Village Idiot
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
Utah
I have a gen 1 cykepod, prs legs with RRS clamp.

It is pretty loose, and getting looser, at the joint where it pans side to side.

It's not the pan set screw, I have tightened it down, it will pan under pressure that I have adjusted. Or I can tighten that set screw down hard and it won't pan, but still wiggles back and forth quite a bit. It feels like it's locked into a shaft internally but that shaft is loose.

Anyone know a way to tighten that down? It didn't used to do this, and my other one doesn't do this, so I'm missing something or there might be something wrong with it.

Any clue?

I'll give that a try, I backed out out and tightened it today but may not have got it tight enough. I'll see if that helps

Need to tighten the screw that holds the clamp to the base.

It's the screw in the barricade area facing the shooter.

tightened that thing down and it's still shakes/ is loose, about 2-3 degrees swing or shake before the "normal" pan action starts.

tightened that thing down and it's still shakes/ is loose, about 2-3 degrees swing or shake before the "normal" pan action starts.
I don't think there is anyway to tighten out that shake. Mine has that as well, the legs just sort of dangle about. Doesn't effect performance when loaded though.

Try out these steps (I just took mine apart)

1. Loosen the pan screw.
2. Take out the set screw from the barricade stop area.
3. Loosen out the actual screw.

Now the arca clamp head should just pop off.

Notice the silver part circular insert of it has a little detent.

4. Put it back in and make sure the detent is perfectly aligned with the screw from #3. Tigthen that screw down.
5. Put back in and tighten the set screw.

6. Tighten back up the pan.

You should have no wiggle.

Try out these steps (I just took mine apart)

1. Loosen the pan screw.
2. Take out the set screw from the barricade stop area.
3. Loosen out the actual screw.

Now the arca clamp head should just pop off.

Notice the silver part circular insert of it has a little detent.

4. Put it back in and make sure the detent is perfectly aligned with the screw from #3. Tigthen that screw down.
5. Put back in and tighten the set screw.

6. Tighten back up the pan.

You should have no wiggle.

That did it. You and one of the other posters mentioned an inner screw, I missed that one, I had just tightness down the outer screw.

Solid as ever now. Thanks!