• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing any wisdom from someone who has hunted the Sargents WMA near chama new mexico

aljones_315

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
New Mexico
so my son completed hunter education this january and was fortunate enough to draw a november cow elk tag for the sargets wma near chama. only problem is ive never been there and no one i know well has either. im not looking for a guide or a secret honey hole just a basic overview i understand there is no vehicle traffic at all. ive also been told there is a designated camping area which i believe is just outside the wma hunt unit??? some people have suggested we ride mtn bikes into and out of the wma? anyone have experience is that a good idea or a waste of space bringing them along? we are both decent bikers if that makes much diff. the size of the wma does not look that vast over all would we be better off just packing in and out every day? if youve been there how many aproximate miles could we expect to cover in a day from the gate parking lot entrance etc? is the terrain brutal or mild for hiking? any knowledge youd like to drop here will be appreciated thanks... The Jones'